need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

manntis18

hey Im new to the whole swap thing has well as forum. Im getting ready to buy a 98 teg with a type r swap thing is I couldnt see the code but has anybody ever seen a b18c5 with a black valve cover. and like I said Im new to this any info or help I would appreciate thanks

I mean he could have painted it cause it did look new. but thank you Ill look at the block code again and look for that code thats what I was lookin for was the valve cover had to be sure.

yeah he could of painted the valve cover. the head code should be in the upper right part of the head

could have swapped to a GSR valve cover

valve covers are not hard to change or replace

yea he changed the cover its gsr thats why. the red cover had a crack. thanks ya'll hopefully I can get this thing paid off quick

I gotta ask but do you know how I can find out how many miles the motor has on it considering its a swap. he said the body had like 130k

unless there is some documentation and proof of the mileage of the car the engine came out of (and you trust it) then no there is no real way to know other than a ball park guess

Back