Need imput ASAP.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

classic78

Classic78
So i'll just come out and say it. I'm a Dodge racer personally. I dig all motor tuners. Recently I've had a change of heart on my neons because i can't go 6 months without blowing some kind of electrical system in my cars. SO question at hand for you Honda guys. I'm thinking about getting a 89 Civic Coupe with the 1.6 motor. Good racing buddy of mine has a few and swears up and down it's a great car. I've done some research and the specs on the motor say 108hp on a 2400 pd frame. Does anyone know of someone who's made an all motor civic, had success and dug the car. Let's see what you have to say. :)

No such thing as an 89 civic coupe. They came in a four door sedan or the 3 door hatchback only.

all motor d series? never heard of anyhting successful. but you can boost the shit out of it and have a fun little car,

or swap and build another motor, b18, or b20. or even an h22.

but boost would always be more fun.

well i've been doing some research on the d-series motor. seems the 1.6 tops out at about 210-217 hp with all the bolt ons i can find and i was thinking about cammin and putting different pistons in there and getting it tuned. so thanks for the info and tell me what you think about those numbers.

Back