need info on crvtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bobcat7095

i have a b16 in my 92 hatch right now, but the block is beat and burning oil bad. i dont want to rebuild th 1.6 block i rather do the 2.0 block. but i need to know what head gasket works, and i need to know any problem with them that you know about. the y1 tranny should bolt up, right? everything should be ok, like using the same chipped p28 ecu. any info would help!
thanks
justin

fisrt off, you can't just slap a b16 head on a b20 block..not gonna happen, dowel pins will be an issue, oil feed, etc. I know theres threads in here that will tell you what you need. But to answer your question your gonna need the crv headgasket.

i know it doesent slap on, wich dowwel pins do i use, do i get machined ones or ones off the b20? can i use the same 1.6 head bolts, and what about torque specs for the head bolts.

I'm pretty sure you have to get the existing dowel pins machined, I wouldn't reuse the head bolts even if they look like they are in good condition (arp is worth the extra money). As for the torque specs they should be in the manual (I don't know them off the top of my head).

Back