1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need info on how to swap a 90Acc Dx with a h22a

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> BA-BB /CA-CD' started by Untouchable Accord, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Untouchable Accord

Untouchable Accord Junior Member

:wave: Can somebody tell me what mounts I need to use for this swap. I have a 90 Accord DX 5spd. and want to put an h22a in it. I need to know what has to be done to the car, motor or both to get it in. Ive heard I should use prelude axels but my axles will work. Sounds kinda stupid to me. Also, I heard I need to mix-match the motor mounts. And, Oh the wiring harness. Heard its a BIOTCH!!

2. kango

kango Member

I heard that you're gonna have to do a lot more research. :p

Have you heard of this swap actually being done before? Once you can find mounts for the swap, then that solves ONE of your worries. I've never heard of a H22A 4g accord swap. Let us know what you find out.

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

No, it's pretty similar to a 5th-gen swap. No custom mounts needed.

Check http://www.h22a.org and click on the 4th-gen link.

4. tab

tab Super Moderator

I did a similar swap in my 1992 Accord, and it wasn't bad. You'll need to concentrate on your wiring issues, getting the right ecu, making sure you have a downpipe for the engine you purchase, different power steering hose, aftermarket intake would be easier. We'll all help quite a bit I'm sure. Read until your eyes hurt, then ask specific questions as needed. There is a lot of info on this site, and I'm still learning, even though I'm kinda doopid. :blink:

5. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

went to h22a.org and all of their writing is overlapping, pics are covering some of the writing, etc. is anyone else having this problem?

6. tab

tab Super Moderator

It's been like that for months. Try this......

Right click on the page.

Click View Source.

A page will pop up with both the text from that site, and a bunch of mumbo jumbo.
    Save the text to Notepad, Microsoft Word, or some similar program. Or, you can just print it, but it's readable.

I still have a lot of stuff saved that might help you out. Email me and I'll send you all I have.

Later

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted