Need More Power Out Of My Hf

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chad123

I was wondering what is the best way for me to get MORE hp out of my 1988 honda crx HF ? mods? engine swap ? if engine swap than what is a good engine to put in it, with out alot of hassle involved? right now im tearing the streets of with womping 62 horse power..lol.. the engine is a D15B6..thanks

Hey man i hear you, i have a 90 hf and im gonna try out what that article said, or you could go ahead and swap a complete si engine, sohc or dohc zc engine(if you just use the stock hf or si tranny you should not have to swap out the axels) these engines will swap in w/ no problem at all(same wiring harnesess and mounts). the b16a will also be fairly easy if you get someone who knows what they are doing. And i too am tired of 62.

thanks for the info man !!!! but i think im gonna try what that article said that doesnt seem to hard and its pretty cheap to do

my buddy was making 112, 108 with that setup...and beating gsr's and civic si's and type r's on the street.

he went 14.8's...i think

Originally posted by chet@Mar 6 2003, 11:23 PM
my buddy was making 112, 108 with that setup...and beating gsr's and civic si's and type r's on the street.

he went 14.8's...i think

hey are you the same chet from tampa racing??? if so i've got a post going on there under the honda/acura section about mini-me swapping....is that what this article is or is it more or less a mini-me minus vtec??? hopefully i'll be able to get some help from you w/ some of my questions b/c i'd like to get more power out of my car but with school and bills money is a hard to come by commodity

Back