need new camcorder, what format to get?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nootrac22

VIP
looking to get a new camcorder. low price is important, but so is quality. my main question is what format should i get dvd, minidv, hi-8 or harddrive? Also no online specials I would need to have my hands on it by monday.

i prefer the hard drive ones
you get more recording time than any other format... and depending on the quality that you record in you can get a shit ton of time
they make docks for them that will burn straight to full size DVDs... or you could just hook it up to a computer and load it to your HD there, edit it down, then burn it
i believe you can delete on the fly like you can with a digital camera as well (not 100% sure on that one though)

i liked the DVD format ones until i really looked at them and realized that you dont get shit for record time

along with format you should make sure whatever camera has image stabilization and a decent zoom
other features are nice, but your specific use will determine what ones are more important

yeah, mini dv is old school now, and tape sucks. high def widescreen internal hard drive, or your buying old scholl

Back