Need Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evans

91 Civic Project
hey guys, I have been looking but I really hope I can get some help.
OK here is what I am thinking. My goal is 350+whp.

H23A1 Non Vtec
Stock Crank
Of course all new bearings
Camshafts- Skunk2 SII or Crower SII?
Pistons- JE (10:1)?
Valve Train????
Rods? Crower????
Sleeves? L.A or Darton?
Cam Gears- Golden Eagle? Megan Adj? Rage? Aem?
Throttle Body????
Port and Polished

Thats for the basic engine, I will be turboing this engine. Is the matanience going to be high? Better NA or turbo?

O yeah... this is going into a 91 Civic HB :)
Let me know what you guys think about the parts I listed. Feel free to but please explain what and why you would reccomend or change that.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. My build is your build.

hey, thanks blanco..
I know its my build and such but I am just getting into the tuners. Muscle cars no big deal.
Now I know i havent made my mind up about any part yet. Thats why I have one or two listed.
But performance wise and durability how are they?
Difference between crower and skunk2 stage II's cams?
Now compression when turboing should not be high, so 10:1 any good? JE pistons, the same or as good as CP?

Who else makes rods because I know eagle doesnt..
Which cam gear is better?

I am sorry if I seem dumb, but I am really not. I just never heard of many of these companies before, for I came from the muscle generation. Help me out here and suggest which ones you would go with, or what the difference are.

good choice, thanks for the advice.. I know alot of companies for muscle cars make import parts now,, but really how good are they? haha I wont take any chances on this project so I will stick with the import companies. I think I am going to go golden eagle sleeves, crower rods, crower cams, and thats all i know for sure yet, thanks tho:)

Back