Need quick advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

orosco

I have an integra with about 110K on it..I want to boost it..THe motor is a B18 non vtec. My question is what do I need or what do you suggest I get to make sure my car can handle the boost...I know I need this.

Low comp pistons
Forged Rods
Act clutch
Stronger axels

I have some mods now like exhaust, walbro, STR fuel rail and cam gears etc...I just want to have about 300hp +. Nohting drastic. I just dont want to boost the car and next thing you know it i cracked the block or something...Any suggestions so my car will still be reliable and wont have to worry about killing the motor would help..
thanks guys

Do lots of reading! I believe that motor can handle that much hp without changing the intermals. Although it wouldn't hurt. The most important part of an fi system is its fuel management, you should have no problem finding info just about anywhere on the forced induction forum or even google on it.

before you buy anything make shure the engine is atleast 95% perfect.....check the compression,,,,dont dump money on an engine that might need a rebuilt a month after you boost....

this site is the best place to look around and read.....welcome to HS

Definitely have the motor looked at, compression checked at least, you'd probably do good to replace the rings at the very least. Of course if you get the list you have installed, you should be good.

You threw out some numbers that really don't make much sense if you are looking to race your car. Why 300hp+? What kind of racing are you going to be doing wth it? As far as internals go, the LS has a 9.2:1 CR, and you shouldn't need to go any lower than that unles you are boosting like 30+psi, and if that were the case, I'd expect a lot more to be going on underneath the hood than 300 hp. Concerning forged rods, again, your LS block is probably more than adequate given that it is in good condition. Axles, depends on what type of racing you are doing. I would definitely look into upgrading the clutch, but don't limit your choice to ACT, as there are a lot of good brands out there to choose from, and you may find a better deal on some other brand. Please state your goals for the car, and of course search around, you'll find more info than you will ever need between here and some other honda/performance sites. Rocket Motorsports is also a good place if you are serious about modifying your motor. HOnda-tech is also good if you sift through the garbage there. I'm sure there are a lot of other good sites. Oh yeah, and G2IC, is good also. Anyway, good luck and welcome to HS.

Back