Need some advice for my 94' Integra LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

seriously, why be assholes? I admitted that this wasn't my life. I told you guys I was new to this shit. I'm reading my ass off. I'm not saying I'm a baller for making a G a week, I said that to give an idea of what I had to work with... if I wanted to be a jerk-off, I would have said that I work 5 hours a month to average a 1000 a week, but I didn't say that did I? As for me buying a real car, I have no credit. I pissed it away years ago. I like integras and I like RSX's. Maybe one day, I'll buy an RSX... but for now, I wanna dick with the integra. I don't wanna drag race, I don't wanna drift. I don't wanna compete in shows. I also could give a shit if someones car is faster than mine. I don't wanna slap anything JDM on the car, except maybe an engine. I still haven't even decided if I like the JDM front. At first glance, it made me second guess that honda produced it... I thought it was ugly. If I would decide to put one on, it would be only because I haven't seen one around here yet, I'm sure they are though... somewhere. I don't have anywhere to work on this thing, therefore, its gotta go to a garage... and since I don't want to spend my whooping 1000 a week taking a chance that I might do it right, I will get some help with it. Thank you for everyone who offered help. I am sorry that I missed the other million posts about swaps, I'm still trying to catch up. So in the mean time, I guess I'll just have to deal with assholes painting a bullseye on my lame ass. I'm used to not being able to go anywhere or do anything without running into a total smack-off... our culture has become a joke anyways. I'll pretend to be the punchline.

I'm not a tuner. I won't claim to be one. I admit I know jackshit about this stuff. I just want a nice car with some balls... and I hate most American shit.

Why skip the CL front... just out of curiousity? Not a fan of its looks??? To be honest, I like my bug eyed look, but I figured what the hell. I'm guessing your a fan of a JDM front. Who knows what I'll go with. I liked the California Thunder Body kit from andy's auto sport, thats what kinda sold me on the CL front. But hey, actually, I do have a question.

I don't have a hard-on for it, but if I did do a conversion that would probably be it. Alternatively, you can do like I did and just do the 98-01 conversion. The headlights and front bumper from the 98-01 Integras are completely bolt-on and they're more aggressive-looking then the 94-97 versions. Also, you can probably do it all for $200 - $300, whereas you'd be looking at quite a bit more for the JDM front or the CL headlights...

If I buy a JDM GSR engine, do I have to buy JDM specific parts for it, meaning will my aftermarket shit that I put on my USDM enigne fit it and my tranny as well?

No, there aren't really a lot of JDM specific parts. Stuff like intakes, header, etc. will all work on JDM or USDM versions...

I don't wanna drift. I don't wanna compete in shows.

Good, because you can't drift a front-wheel-drive car anyway. Ever notice how you don't see any Hondas besides S2000s in the drift competitions?

Hey you lie! If you drive backwards it becomes a rwd integra. you can drift that shit daily!

lmao

So far, its pretty much bone stock... with the exception of a no name cold air. I would really like to put a K20 in it, but for now, I'm trying to figure out if my b18b1 is worth toying with. I was gonna work on airflow to start with, header, exhaust, high flow cat, exhaust manifold, and a throttle body. But when my engine goes, I don't know whether I'll rebuild it or go with the K20. If I do, can I still use the same exhaust with some fabrication? Also, who make the best parts with the most gains? All this is very new to me. I've loved cars all my life, so I decided to get really into this shit. I used to have a 98 200sx 1.6L, but this is my first Honda and first project all together. I do wanna use my car as an everyday driver, but I want a fast everyday driver... without nitrous, and a supercharger or turbo I want to do last, as long as it doesn't kill reliablity. Thats key to me. I want my reliability, but I want a car with balls. Are JDM engines more reliable? How in the hell do I know if my car is OBD1 or OBD2? So many questions... and much to learn. Any help or advice on what to buy... if money were no object... well, maybe I don't want to spend over 15,000 in performance. I'm already dumping 4000 in body work and paint.

I won't get caught up in all the shit between here and the last post. But I can tell you this:

Since you're new, stick to the platform already in the car (B-Series). Start with figuring out what kind of power you want out of it. A "fun" streetable car can be had with 200whp and a decent suspension setup.

If I were you, I'd buy a pre-made turbo kit. Take it to this "shop" and drop it off with the turbo kit. Tell them to install it and tune it. Get your ECU chipped and tune with CROME. Stay under 230 whp. Done.

Make it look decent on the outside, but skip all the body kit shit. Trust me, you don't wanna go that route. I'm not saying this because I think all body kits look bad. I've seen some that look decent. The point is that NOTHING fits better than OEM, so why bother? Its just too much hassle for the benefit.

Suspension, Brakes, Turbo, done. You have a nice, streetable car that it still somewhat reliable.

Good, because you can't drift a front-wheel-drive car anyway. Ever notice how you don't see any Hondas besides S2000s in the drift competitions?

what about the drift element

what about the drift element

1.) Learn how to use the "Quote" button please. It's confusing for everyone when you just copy and paste someone else's text without somehow indicating that it's someone else's text.

2.) That Element was completely custom built with a 500 horsepower 3.2 V6 engine and rear-wheel-drive.

So once again, no, you can't drift a front-wheel-drive...

a correctly done k20 swap is going to be every bit of 6500 dollars. mind you its an awesome swap ( two of my buddys have it) you can rebuild the ls motor and turbo it and get a GSR ir ITR tranny (i would)(like i did in my coupe) and have a swap that at least 2000 cheaper and just as fast. turbo cars are so cool when they arent suposed to be turbo. ls turbos are truely badass and cheap to do as well plus its cheapre to get parts for if you plan on modding it further.

I've decided to go ls-vtec(GSR head) with boost. Thanks for everything, everyone.:D

Back