Need some help with a D15B2, please...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jgrant

Hello guys, I am new here. Please forgive the newbie questions, but I could use some help!

OK, here is the deal:

I have a 1968 Austin Mini and I am going to put a Honda engine in it. I also just got a Civic with a B15B2 with 60k miles on it for a song. The car was wrecked but the engine compartment is cherry. Yes, I could have gone the route of the B16x, but that costs money and the B15B2 will fit the engine bay in the Mini much better. Plus, the 100hp (give or take) of the B15B2 will be adequate for the Mini.

So, for the first mod: I want to replace the DPFI to MPFI. I have read several articles and done plenty of searches but I still have questions. Let me start with these, I hope you guys can help me:

1. What is the best ECU for this swap? I have seen mention of several: the PM6, PG7, PM7. I have also searched Ebay and I find different versions of these ECU's. What is the best one to get? I would like one day to put an upgraded chip so I would like to buy the best computer for what I want to do.

2. Wiring harness: Somebody cut the ECU out of the Civic I bought. The original ECU is gone. The main harness going to the ECU was cut so I am missing the plugs that go on the ECU. Are these hard to come by? Can somebody point me to where I can get new plugs? I have found several webpages where the wiring diagrams are listed, so I don't think this will be an issue to re-wire. I just need the three plugs that go into the computer.

3. The intake: Again, I searched Ebay. I found several intakes but they seem to be missing the throttle body and/or other parts. Does anyone have a complete intake they would like to part with?

I am familiar with swaps and with fuel injection and ECU's. The problem is that I know my way with Chevy stuff - the whole Honda world is new to me! I am really looking forward to learning - there is a ton to read!! That is why I would like some help from you guys...

Thanks guys, I hope you all don't mind me asking questions.

joe

use a P28 for the mpfi upgrade, easily chipable for future use

are you looking for a stock intake up to the throttle body or an aftermarket like the AEM ?? if it's an AEM style your after build it yourself with 2.5" or 3" OD stainlessand usea K&N air filter

Great! P28 - that is a new one on me.

About the intake: I am looking for the aluminium intake that bolts to the engine. The one where the injectors are placed in.

thanks,
joe\

hey i had a quick question. i saw a d16y8 top end ( head/ mani/ ecu / fuel rail and injs.) and was wondering if these would be an easy bolt on to a d15b2. i saw a mini me conversion harness for this as well. or would just a MPFI manifold be better? any input would be appreciated thanks- caleb

Back