Need Some Insight On A H22 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

london_oz

ok I have allready ordered my mounts, h22a swap,(engine, tranny, p13 ecu, wiring harness) besides the 90-93 teg axles, and the accord intermediate shaft what else do I need???? I allready know I am going to need a harness conversion, and suspension.
What else do I need?????

should be a fairly quick 95 hatch when i'm done

You'll only need a harness if you order an OBD2 engine, which wouldn't be a good idea anyway, since it's got more emissions crap on it (which = less power).

It depends on what year the P13 came out of. 92-95, OBD1. 96+, OBD2. You've got an OBD1 chassis, so you'd want an OBD1 engine and ECU.

I'm not too familiar on H22's into Civics, but you'll need to wire VTEC and a knock sensor for sure, and then whatever else is required for an H22 into a Civic.

Well this will be the first for me......so I guess i'll find out

You do realize all that is involved with this swap right? Its not really all that hard, but its about as far from plug-n-play as you can get. You that you have to cut off half of your tranny mount on the civic frame and that you have to cut a hole in the floor board for the shift linkage and all that good stuff right? For raw NA power the H22 is the way to go, but sadly it is easier said then done. When I bought my h22 I planned on driving my car a few weeks later....turned out that it was more like a few months later. I dont care what anyone says....using the 90-93 teg axles just doesnt really work. I used them for a while and you will notice the sec. you even try to put them in your gonna be like...WTF. I would go to www.raxles.com, call 'em up, talk to them personally. They make WONDERFUL axles that I have had no problems with to this day. Stage 2 axles for a wonderful price...good peeps 2. If you have any other Q's just let me know....im no pro...but I may be able to help out some.

:worthy: H22

you will need any slim fan from autozone or a fal so the tranny clutch fluid release dosn't hit the blades
a injector resistor from 92 and up prelude or 90 up accord
SHIFTLINKAGE-
USE 90 -93 ACCORD OR 92-96 PRELUDE SHIFT LINKAGE. ADJUSTABLE.

IMO fuck raxles, pieces of shit. Go to driveshaftshop.com and get them. Hasport has a wiring conversion like proto60pan mentioned, but you dont need it. And depending on what mounts you use, depends on if you have to cut off your tranny mount or trim it.

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/browse.ph...hp?album_id=272
here are the wiring schematics for a prelude and a civic and the vacuum lines of the h22.

and to elaborate on what alexsracing was saying...
you need to trim your stock fan or get a FAL slim fan or a cheap on from autozone or pep boys. The nipple of the slave cylinder will hit your fan if you dont do this. And yea you need the shift linkage, i dont know whats up with that adjustable part. But you need the shifter and shifter cables off of the 90-93 accord or 92-96 lude.

i have a write up if you want.. it might help ya, just gimme your email.

Back