Need some swap help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xadhoom

First off. im really sorry for having to post this.

Well. being from norway (small country far north in europe) im having some major problems finding a viable swap option. (we dont got alot of b series hondas here, so theres no engines being sold)
When writing this post im rather confused about the different engine codes and wiring used on european hondas.

Keep in mind that us car models arnt called the same.

My car is a 1992 honda civic hatchback. its called Lsi here, and uses a D15B2
engine. theres some lsi civics that uses a D15Z1 and both have the same specs over here. 90 hp.

I have been offered a B16a1. (i dont know if its the same as the Sir 1 in usa)
with a tranny and ecu. its a engine used in a 91 crx (atleast it is over here) but i dont know more than that. its supposed to have ~160 hp so i guess its the sir 1.

anyways. i can get the mechanical/electrical work done without problems but with me being the first one in this country wanting to do this swap there isnt really anyone that know how to.
i cant order a sir 2 from usa, cause shipping would cost more than the package itself. so. im outta options. its this swap. or ill have to continiue having a 90 hp car.

So. i need some pointers.
What needs to be done. to the car. what tranny "should" i use with that engine. will the ecu from the crx work ok. is my car odb1?
and so on. Im fairly sure i want to use that engine.. are there any other ecu i should go for. as well as tranny?

feel free to flame my noobish ass. but i need some answers

Yes your car is OBD 1.
You will want the B16 tranny to go with that motor. Your civic tranny will not fit.
You will also need the ECU from that motor.
You will also need the axles from that motor.

Everything should just bolt in. It should be a fairly straitforward swap. Good luck man.

Back