Need Suggestions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey everyone my name is mark, and i need some SERIOUS help. First Id like to say I've never done a swap before but plan on getting help from local friends to do the swap. Basically what i have is a totaled 96 integra GSR with everything that a stock GSR has meaning mounts, harness, ecu...the engine is a B18C1. I just purchased a 1995 Civic DX and want to swap EVERYTHING salvageable from the integra to the civic. The civic is bone stock and has an automatic transmission :(. I have 2 friends in person one is saying the swap wont be too hard all you need is this..and the other one is like oh my god good luck..

To make a long story short I was curious what I would need to make this swap happen apart from what I have. Ive been told all I need is linkage, motor mounts, and wiring harness and that all of that is interchangeable from the GSR.

Please dont flame me I honestly have no idea what I am doing but i do want to start somewhere and with an idea of what I need to do Im sure I can get help.

Thanks for looking,
help is greatly appreciated....

PM's are welcomed

Well, first of all, are you wanting to swap the Civic to manual, or keep it automatic?

It won't be too horribly difficult, but it won't exactly be easy. How mechanically inclined are you?

No, on a scale from 1-10, I'd say for a beginner this may be a 6 or 7.... only because of the beginner status.

You have EVERYTHING you need except the pedal set.... and the GSR pedal set may even work.

Shit, you even have everything you need to do a rear disk conversion as well.

thank you thats what i wanted to know, i have several people that i know who will help me i dont know how well they know their shit, who have done swaps before...ive just heard so many people tell me i need like a new ecu i need this, and that

im more like mechanically declined lol my dad was a service manager at pep boys for like 10 years so ive learned some stuff with him we took out an eclipse 420a and rebuilt it never got to put it back in but he showed me everything and from what ive heard hondas are alot easier to work on than eclipses ill be doing this swap by myself though since i live with my mom now

ill probably browse the internet to get some direction but i appreciate the help...if anyone has done a similiar swap to this pointers would be greatly appreciated like what should i avoid, any easy problems, shortcuts anything would help

thanks again,
mark

Back