1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Sum Serious Help

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by 22crazy, Apr 21, 2003.

1. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

whats up. right now im changing my 1996 civic hatch back to rear disks (from a 2000 SiR; i think its called Si Coupe in america) anyways the problem i ran into is with the hand brake cable. the guy that got me the suspension cut the cable not leaving enough to reach the bracket on the hand brake. Does anyone no which handbrake cable i need to use to hook up these disks; do i need to buy new cables?...has anyone done this swap b4, maybe even with 5 lug convo. If u have plz tell me if u have so i can ask for sum more help if i run into anyting else. thanx

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

integ brake cable works I believe.

3. 22crazy

22crazy Senior Member

does anyone no why i shouldnt buy the SiR cables?

4. solblu

solblu Senior Member

Yes if they were cut you need to buy the cables. Just get some from a car with rear disks that has the same body as your car. Sounds like the SiR cables will be too long, you can make them work, but I'm sure there's a hatch with rear disks you could get cables from.

5. Baker

Baker Senior Member

6. solblu

solblu Senior Member

Integra ones too short for a hatch?? I would think they were too long. I know they are for a Del Sol.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted