need swap help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1gEF-8

i just completed my d16z6 swap. to keep things simple i kept it obd0. vtec is not hooked up yet. during intial fire up it soared to 4500 rpm. i had to retard the timing so much to get it down to 1000 rpm. there is zero throttle response. i have to hold the throttle down for about 5-10 sec before the rpm starts to rise. any rpm below 900 rpm the engine starts shake like its bout to die. any time i align the timing marks the engine revs to 4000-4500 rpm and idles there!

Originally posted by B18aCRX@Mar 13 2005, 09:15 PM
Assuming your question is how to fix the idle, are your vaccuum lines routed correctly?
[post=473099]Quoted post[/post]​

yes they are routed correctly. ive checked them several hundred times.

There isnt any slack in your throttle cable is there? Even if your vacum lines are hooked up right are there any leaks maybe? Have you checked your plugs and wires to make sure you dont have any fouled plugs? What are some of the things you have done to try and fix it.

i bet you have vacuum hooked to your dashpot, pull the hose you have hooked to it plug it onto the port on your intake boot/arm and see what happens

Originally posted by racintweek@Mar 16 2005, 01:19 PM
i bet you have vacuum hooked to your dashpot, pull the hose you have hooked to it plug it onto the port on your intake boot/arm and see what happens
[post=474323]Quoted post[/post]​

figured it out. i was looking over the engine and saw backfire through the intakemanifold. shut it off and what do i find. my dumb ass over looked a piece(bout 1.5 inch square around a stud on top of the #3 cylinder) of the old intake mainfold. took out the piece and the engine is running like a champ.

Congrats Im glad you figured it out. Some times it stupid stuff like that but hey next time you run into a problem like that youll have more experince with it.

Back