Need tech help, no start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

marklar182

Have a 92 civic CX w/ 00 b16a2. Chipped P28 Ecu. Engine cranks but wont fire. Fuses are all good. Have fuel at the rail but not sure if injectors are opening (they do have 12V, verified), the new plugs smell like fuel but are not wet. Have no spark. The wire harness is from a 93 si and all the plugs have been lenghtened/connected except for VTEC spool from Ecu to harness. I am using the 00 b16a2 dizzy repinned to a 92 dizzy connector (2 connectors instead of one). I do not have an alternator in right now, will this cause a no start? Any other ideas? TIA

I'm pretty sure those are all good, I'll check the timing and grounds again though. I need all the ideas I can get. Only put about a gallon and a half of fuel in the 100% empty tank, but as I said I have fuel at the rail and the desired pressure. going to snip the jumper on the ECU to check for a bad ROM also. This engine was out of a wrecked car, but still running after the wreck. It has been sitting for about 3/4 of a year now.

I'm thinking your problem is in your distributor. I'm not reall familiar with the OBD IIb , but isn't there an extra sensor inside there?

Check the coil for your injectors. Make sure you have the correct polarity. I had this problem in my 92 prelude si. The injectors from the new motor wouldn't work with the injector coil from the old one so try swapping injectors from your old motor.

Found the problem. We had swapped in an entire 2000 Si steering column, and the ignition keyswitch harness to the fuse box is wired differently. Swapped the wires around and it started on first crank. Thanks for your help.

Back