Need Tech help!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

acurabdby

Hey guys I need some help...Turns out I'm getting married soon and getting a house so there goes my original plan for a turbo kit on my 97 LS...however I still want to get some power out of this thing at the most inexpensive way so I'm thinking of making some upgrades to get more power....so far I have:
DC Sports 4-1 ceramic header
AEM Cold Air Intake w/Bypass valve
R-1 Exhaust (muffler only)
Thats all I have for power adder's I kept it simple since I wanted to get a Turbo, however given that my finances will be more limited I would just like some ideas from my fellow enthusiasts.

I have been noticing good power w/these upgrades however when i shift it seems to be gone as if I'm losing torque when i shift. PLEASE help out guys any advise is welcome!

Thanks in advance!!!! :worthy: :worthy:

I would of really appreciated a few more reply's to this topic but i'm thankful for the one that i got.

i would def go with the home made turbo kit... but... PLEASE make sure you have everything you need to do the project when u start it or you will have major downtime.

if you don't want to throw down all that cash get some endyn 9.5:1 pistons, a good set of rods (eagles are cheap and great) along with an adjustable cam gear set, and some cams, crower or what ever you want. while your at it upgrade your valvetrain so when you do go boost it will be one less thing to take care of.

and get a 2.25" crush bend pipe to that can. i would say go mandrel, but no reason to if your gonna throw out the pipe anyway.

with all that you should have about the same whp as a b16a(maybe a little more) but you'll have gobs more torque and will eat it alive on the track.

that will probably cost you half of what the turbo would cost you and when you do go turbo you'll be ready to take it to a whole new level.

Back