1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need to put in bigger RAD. which ones??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by DelSlo, May 27, 2005.

1. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

whats up guys, no motor swap issues, i live in toronto canada and im driving down to boston in a week and half, i have a b16a2 in my 93 del sol, (NO A/C) and its only got one of the little buzz box radiators that are 2inches by 2 inches, anyways, anyone who has driven an SiR tranny on the freeway can hear me on this, anyways for the long drive and my rpm's being relatively high the whole way i am goin to put in a full size rad. just curious which ones fit and which ones wont..... any info would help so i can go grab a RAD this weekend for it! :)
    i got a 89 CRX and a 88-91 civic rad, readily available, but didnt take either till i could confirm if they would work or not..

also, if the rad hoses are different for some particular rads, do mention! :) thanx boys

2. 97hatch

97hatch ?

if it is a stock b16 you will be fine

3. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

yeah the rad does its job now, havent had any problems and ive been driving the swap for 2 months now, so i know its fine, but its just a long 8 hour drive, and 4500 rpm for 8 hours, i would just like my engine to be runnin as cool as possible for such a long drive, give it any extra help i can, the poor thing! :p

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Your motor will be fine. Especially since when you're moving cooler air is moving over you radiator. Problems begin in stop start traffic when it's hot outside.

5. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

alright, not to be a dick, but no one even suggested a rad that will work. all i got was opinions on how my rad will work, i know the rad works, i drive it every day, infact almost all of my driving is in stop and go traffic, im in toronto, and it gets hot in the summer, so here, ill change the question... i live in toronto and do alot of stop and go driving, i need a bigger rad, which will fit???

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

get a fluidyne
    got one in my sol (B18C/R swapped)... i drive like a fucking asshole (deep into the high cams for LONG periods of time), i autocross with it (short high RPM bursts then back to sitting still for about an hour), i race road course with it (30 - 40 min at 8500RPM), ive been stuck in traffic going through NYC for 4 fucking hours with it (you dont know what road rage is....) on a 100+ degree day.... it has never moved above the normal temp mark

yes there are other good radiators out there but i have seen them and they dont compare to the quality and finish of the fluidyne

7. xj0hnx

The point I think we are trying to make is, yours works, it will be fine, don't waste the money on another one for no reason. If you just have to have a bigger one, an Integra one will fit with some fabrication of brackets. There's two threads about this on the first page of the EG forum... one with a link to a how to. Searching never killed anybody.

8. xj0hnx

Or yea, get a Fluidyne, I have one also and it rocks, 4500-8000rpms for four to five hours straight without flinching.

9. DelSlo

DelSlo Senior Member

cool, thank you very much! :)

10. 96CIVICLS

96CIVICLS Senior Member

11. Estorvito

Estorvito Soy Boricua

Good Link :thumbsup:

But you forgot the sig at the end....

(ya boy stevo)lol...... :p

12. 96CIVICLS

96CIVICLS Senior Member

Sorry bout that. I need to make that my signature. I got tuns of info.

ya boy steveo

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted