Need to swap my xplod subs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurboMirage

That’s how you get ants
VIP
this is what i have now, and i plan on returning them to best buy and swapping up to newer subs.
5227756_ra.jpg

Power Acoustik

subs. good/bad/other suggestions? im good for 150/sub.

small sugestion(sp) dont buy shit from best buy!

more info would be great... how much power your amp has. what ohms you running, how many and what size you want, ported or sealed?

i would get two 12 mtx thunder 6000's cheap and sound good ported

i love the warranty! :D well my current box is matched to my sony subs, but i can trade it in at a local audio store that my buddy works at for another matched box for the subs i buy. i want to run 2 10' subs, my amp is a 2 channel 700w and runs clean @ 2ohms. sealed box.

despite claims against sony subs, these xplods handle rather well and have a decent range. i had this set the longest (6 months), i burned out my RF punchs' using the same amp(2 months). they were rated at a higher RMS than the xplods also.

the power acoustik subs are dual voice coil, what exactly is the difference? i know my current subs are single voice coil.

i dont know how the coils work but i do know how to wire them up
s3f971c4c68fc2.jpg

whats the model number of your amp... so i can look up and see what its able to run at.

I don't like Xplod's or MTX, my buddy when through five in 5 moths. Really can't blame it on the subs, the box was too small, but still, I don't like the bass. JL is the best, no substitute. Right now I have no name subs, but man do they hit hard and clean. I am planning to put JL 12's in my truck with a Fosgate amp. I want a 2000 watt system, but that is going to cost some green. Don't go to Best Buy they suck. Go to a Sound shop, they won't bull shit you too much, and they actually know what they are talking about. If you happen to live in So. California, there is a shop called L.A. Stereo, in Upland. Go there, and ask for Mondo. Tell him Frank and Kara in the Black SI sent you, good deal.

Back