new 911 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It'll be the 2007 Z06, and there are rumors that it'll either be a 500 hp LS7 or a 625 hp 427ci small block. :blink:

edit: but I think it'll keep pace pretty well.

a 240sx has 140 hp.
a wrx has 225
an sti has 300

yeah, real similar power bud

looks very nice, hp figures are better too......oh well another car I can't afford.

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 15 2004, 09:33 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Nov 15 2004, 11:03 PM
I'm sure that the corvette and viper probably have a deeper torque curve down low being larger displacement engines....although I could be wrong because the forced induction helps to even things out. 

And the answer why GSXs get the jump on F bodies all the time is because F bodies are making far more torque thats going to make the tires spin much harder and for traction to be more of an issue.  A GSX only makes 210hp if its a second generation and around the same numbers in torque, F bodies depending on the year on in the high 200's to mid 300's.  That may have been a bad example but still, i dont think very much is lost in traction issues launching in RWD versus AWD.  AWD is obviously far better for handeling but I dont think theres a huge difference in the launches in an awd car versus a rwd car.
[post=417445]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, so the more powerful 911 turbo will still get the jump off the line compared to the more power Viper and Vette too. :p :lol:

And yes, drag racing 911s is stupid.
[post=417461]Quoted post[/post]​

Not if you have a limitless bank account. If I was like all the other guys racing porsches down the road, I wouldn't be caught dead in an econobox.

Back