New calipers and discs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ando

I have a 96 Civic Coupe. After I swap my D16Y to a B16A I would like to upgrade my brakes. Could you please suggest a good set up for the front discs and calipers? Keeping in mind that my rear brakes are drum brakes which im going to leave as they are.

Thanks. :)

www.fastbrakes.com
They have an 11" disc with 4 pistons wilwood calipers for that car.

It makes no sense at all to upgrade the front brakes when you have not intention of upgrading the rears.

depends on budget.. if its a tight one, id got with fastbrakes too.. if not, i stay either stop-tech or brembo.. more than half, i believe, of the ultimate street car challenage, used stop-tech and results werent disappointing.. however, a stock gt-r with stock brembos did just as well if not better than those with stop tech..

i'd probably just go GSR front brakes and some hawk pads and call it a day.

:ditto:
If you aren't touching the rear brakes then you don't want to go crazy up front.

That's not true. A front brake upgrade is better than nothing. And I would go all wilwood.

Actually it is true. If you choose to only upgrade the front brakes al you are doing is making the front setup do more of the braking. If instead you choose to upgrade the stopping power on both front and rear you have increased the stopping power of the car, this also allows you some control over the front to rear ratio.

go with the gsr front brakes, brembo blanks, and some good pads and spend the rest of the money you will save on some go fast parts.

Back