new car yaaaaaaaaaaaayy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

ok so i dunno if any of you knwo but i i crashed my caroct 30th and ive been driving my 90 teg with 256xxxmi on it and recently my heat/air/defrost died on me so i cant really drive on cold days. so ive been in the classifieds looking at stuff nothing really came of it so i went locally and found a 94 civic ex coupe aztec green w/ 114xxx mi on it for 500$. only prob was the control arms were bent along wiith the splindle(and bumper/ fender/light were fcked but i still got my hatch). so we fixed that shit and saw that the axle on the pass side was fucked so i drove home (bout 3mi) chilckin and squeeking and what i wnt to know is what axle wil work. its the d16z6 a/t and the pass side alxe is fucked. will a m/t one work from another ex? are ex and dx axles dif? i just need to get this runninso i can get to and from work and then to the gargage to swap out the trany and boost it. so if anyone knows about the axles let me know. thanks.

Axles don't go by the trim of the car but by either auto or manual... or b series or d series. That being said, you have to replace auto tranny axles with auto tranny axles and vice versa... manual with manual. Automatic trannys are bigger than manual trannys so they wont fit. As for the trim, doesnt matter. Ex, dx, vx, hx, cx or si, if the car is manual the axles are interchangeable. The same goes for automatic.

now i totaly understand that your statement makes scence but is it trew? because i was told that the ex axles are dif than dx axles. also when i had autozone look on up they too said it was dif.(now the credibility of my local auto zone is no master tec. but they do stock the shit.) basically i was suposed to get this running yesterdsaay when i had the day off but i smoked a lil to much and ate alot so it didnt get done so the more i wait the more likely it is going to be that i just swao the whole tranny. but if any one knows for sure about my prob let me kow.

On the RH axle:

they're all the same if you don't have ABS (DX/LX/EX/Si).

If you have ABS, you need a RH axle out of another EX w/ABS

ok so now what if the spindle is fucked and i gotta change the whole thing to a dx on without abs then i could use my dx axles?

your the man. but just to clear it up in black and white

on the right side any abs axle will work mt or at for abs civic
and any non abs axle will work at or mt with any non abs civic right?

if thats the case this bitch might be out tonight.

then you shall be getting bothered next time i have a ? about this kind of shit.

it is a pick and pull yard? and how far are you from that tech skool in ri. what kind of cool stuff ya got. my boy is going ot skool out over there and hes been askin me to come and see his place but i havent yet. if ya got good stuff ill def take the trip up there

nah, we pull everything...right now all we have is 2 93/94 EX coupes (1 5speed, 1 auto), a 93 DX hatch, 3 LX/DX Sedans and a stripped out 92 Teg.

And theres about 30 Accords

and we're about 20 minutes from NE Tech

bout that hatch you got papers or is it just parts crashed car? how much for a right side axle? how much for the control arms all the way around? got turbo volvos? dsm? teg got good hood? did any accords come with dohc or was that just the lude? and do you knwo which f series came with cast sleeves?

well i did the auto tranny swap on my civic and i left the auto axles and used them on my std tranny and they work just fine

thats what i like to hear you used both left and right sides?

update on situation my hatch and crx were towed to my house last night so i will have this car on the road. on my luch ill snap a few pics to show you guys

bout that hatch you got papers or is it just parts crashed car? parts only

how much for a right side axle? $35 picked up

how much for the control arms all the way around? you're better off with new aftermarket rears (see my "garage"), fronts are $40/ea

got turbo volvos? yes

dsm? no

teg got good hood? not really, I think its all gouged up

did any accords come with dohc or was that just the lude? just the ludes'. EDM/JDM SiR and Euro-R Accords had H22's

and do you knwo which f series came with cast sleeves? F22B's have iron sleeves

Back