1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new car

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Iron 1, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

While looking for another back up car I came across a mazda rx7. When I went to carfax.com to check the vin# it came back with 13 different things. The problem is that they won't let me on without paying the $25. I was wondering if anyone would be able to run the # and find out what the problems were? Any help would be awesome, and Thank you!
    the # is:
    jm1fc3312j0627145
    Thanks again for any help!

2. jiahanhao

jiahanhao Senior Member

If you're in CA carfax doesn't tell you shit about accidents, only about clean title, but I ran the report for you...

biggest problem:

10/09/90 PACIFIC NW REGION 34,713 AUTO AUCTION AUCTION ANNOUNCED AS SALVAGE, EXTENT OF DAMAGE UNKNOWN

3. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

Thanks for the help, it really is nice to know what the car has been through! I will have to take it to my mechanic along with the boss at the body shop to get it checked out. Thanks again for the help!

4. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

If your lookin for a car, just buy the unlimited amount of reports for the 25 and run around and get like 15 different cars VINs.

I did that. I ran about 20 VINS when I was lookin for a car in November of 01.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

bah- salvage title from 13 years ago man.... i say look harder

6. shortbusrebel07

shortbusrebel07 Senior Member

i know im kinda bringing back a dead thread but my dealer ship is also mazda so i can do a more exstensive search for you if you want on saturday...

7. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

Thanks for all of the help. I have decided to pass on this particular car. I still like the idea of the mazda rx7 because of the high redline. I'm looking for a drifting car that can double as a quick 1/4 mile. I need a back up car while the civics in the garage gettin the swap. Thanks again for all of the help/advice.

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

9. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

I don't know very much about the rx7 so I'm kind of leary, the whole idea is hard to picture "15k redline", a friend has this one sitting in my driveway so I was curious. I have however heard of the 240sx. I am looking for the s13, but if I can find an s14 for the right price, it's mine. I am currently working at a Nissan dealership as a 2nd job, and have the salesmen trying to locate one. I'll just supercharge the 2.4 motor, with nitrous for the 1/4 mile. I don't need to be super fast, because I think that the civic will get me enough respect in this town.
    thanks again for all of your help!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted