new car...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
well.. i'm out of the honda game for a bit once my s2000 sells.

i just signed the deal for an 01 IS300. 45k miles on it, charcoal w/ tan interior.
i needed something more practical for the trips to and from my parents house and school.

i will post pics of it eventually. it's in damn good shape though.

this will be my first automatic car since like July 99 :cry:

oh well... once i'm out of school the Infiniti M Coupe Concept will be out... and i'll buy that :)

the M is already out.... i saw a commerical for it on tv the other day.

tan... ugh. i dont know why, but i fucking despise tan interiors.

ohh well, at least you're out of the s2gay :p

No b, the COUPE. c-o-u-p-e, not sedan. The m45 is such a great car, im with you pills, i wished they made a coupe. hmmm rwd, 6 speed, v8??

I thought about buying an IS300 "5speed" to replace my civic with for a daily driver, but the inline 6 makes shitty power, the car is super small and it still manages to gets crappy ass MPG. like low 20s. for a FWD car that sucks. if it was AWD I would understand but its not.

3 series > IS300

on top of all that they're still overpriced for what you get.

I still love the dash layout so post some pics up.

is300 is rwd.... do i smell a 2jz + 6 speed trans in the works??? hehe

I know it's RWD I have no idea why I said FWD, but my point still stands low 20 mpg in a civic sized sedan sucks dick.

My 350Z gets better MPG then that and makes a shitload more power.

+1 for the IS, i love those cars.

Chris Roddy OWNED bristol autox 2 years ago in his. it was lightly modded.

the M coupe concept was at the auto show... slated for release in 08 i think.

i plan on driving this car and doing nothing with it.

the s2000 made a ton more power and got better mileage... i guess you and I have different opinions of what a good car is. hands down toyota makes the best cars on the road.

i would never own anything but a japanese car so no 3 series for me... i have a friend with a 325xi and i think it was gay.

i will get the car in my hands on saturday. i test drove it last week and then my dad went to get it today... i'm in ohio (for grad school) and parents are in michigan..i plan on heading home friday after lecture to get the whip.

Quoted post[/post]]
I thought about buying an IS300 "5speed" to replace my civic with for a daily driver, but the inline 6 makes shitty power, the car is super small and it still manages to gets crappy ass MPG. like low 20s. for a FWD car that sucks. if it was AWD I would understand but its not.

3 series > IS300

on top of all that they're still overpriced for what you get.

I still love the dash layout so post some pics up.

and i got it for under blue book because they had it on the lot for over a month and wanted to get rid of it... i think i got exactly what i paid for... besides.. the hondas never got me laid... time to try lexus lol

just kidding.. :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong I really do like the IS300 the #1 thing that made me look else where is the mpg.
After getting your car watch your mpg and let me know how it does.

If you can get 26-27mph on the highway I might rethink my views on the IS300.

If rachelle moves in in the next few months Im going to be in the market for a newer car to replace the civic.

I really wanted the RX330 but after sitting in one and seeing how the MDX beats it out MPG, Size, power, AWD wise I droped the RX330 idea, the MDX is still pushing it MPG wise I don't really need an SUV so now the 330 is on the top of my list. but that can change. I've always liked the IS300 even tho it is really tiny and underpowered, its still a nice well rounded car, it just pisses me off they can't put out better mpg and havnt offered a 6 speed.

word. i am a big fan of the mdx... my aunt and uncle just got one recently. i wanted a 4 door sedan.. i'm not at SUV territory quite yet.
i travel about 20 miles to and from campus every day on the freeway so i'll keep track and let you know.

Quoted post[/post]]

s2gay? Whats the beef with the s2000. I personally like them because they are not played out by ricers with altezzas and muffler tips. Also, they are fairly quick out of the box, hook up possibilties are kinda limited but still..

he's mad because he can't fit in one... and technically i still own the s2gay hopefully it will get abnormally warm for a day so i can drop the top!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

s2gay? Whats the beef with the s2000. I personally like them because they are not played out by ricers with altezzas and muffler tips. Also, they are fairly quick out of the box, hook up possibilties are kinda limited but still..

wait another 4 years when the cars go for under 10 grand used... they will be taken over by the ricers...

Quoted post[/post]]
he's mad because he can't fit in one... and technically i still own the s2gay hopefully it will get abnormally warm for a day so i can drop the top!

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

wait another 4 years when the cars go for under 10 grand used... they will be taken over by the ricers...

WERD y0

Any car that cost around 20K on the low side used shouldnt get riced out.

Rice is when people buy a cheap car and can't afford to make it fast. So why not add cool looks things and a bolt on muffler?

Quoted post[/post]]

WERD y0

Any car that cost around 20K on the low side used shouldnt get riced out.

Rice is when people buy a cheap car and can't afford to make it fast. So why not add cool looks things and a bolt on muffler?

Yes, I love the early 90s corollas, forest green, with two tone rust spots with a muffler tip and "Loco" written across the windshield.

Back