new exhaust noise.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Put on a 4 to 1 header. Now it makes a underwater sound. Kind of like skipping. Any clues why.

kinda hard to say with your description... possible exhaust leak?? check where the header meets the head, and where the collector meets the catalytic converter (or test pipe or whatever..).

Lol no leaks. I think its just cause its eBay brand. And 4 to .1 instead of 4 to 2 to 1. Not as much back pressure. Also pipes don't seem to be same length.

U mean under acceleration? Or when u get off the gas it sounds like it's backfiring

I mean my car sounds like its skipping. Or say a 454 motor with a giant ass cam in it just sitting there thumping. Don't matter at idle or drive. Does it all the time.

you gotta get a video of this. i have had a lot of different header and exhaust combos on my hondas in the last 15 years and never had one sound like that :ph34r:

haha. nice wheels bucko.

226522_1684112978886_1119450048_31347796_4336777_n.jpg

i would be curious to see what happens if you put a good muffler on there... maybe the packing in that muffler you have is burnt up or gone.

things change when you add or remove backpressure. when you put the stock header back on for emissions, did the noise go away?

Back