New exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

w2rbass

Hey again.... heres the deal.... my exhaust piping is split/rotted from about the back of my rear seats all the way up to the muffler.. before the piping bends and through the bend, and its really loud and annoying and sounds like crap, and the exhaust is leaking into my car so i have to drive with the windows open even if its freezing... i have a 94 civ hb by the way... i was thinking of ordering this http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=15645 a magnaflow cat back... is it loud and annoying? or is it like a rice can? sorry for the lame questions.... its the cheapest good exhaust i have found so im just wondering if it is actually any good... i was thinking of getting that or getting some flex pipe or somethin and buyin a new muffler... but the catback would be hella nicer right? just lookin for some opinions before i spend another few hundred on my car... thanks

also my engine is a 1.5 L... on the magnaflow site they say that exhaust is for the 1.6 sohc... will it still fit? thanks

to me, that pic looks like they use crush bend piping aka, horrible for flow, aka, horrible for power. Also the muffler section justs looks loud. Trust me, I went cheap the first time, now I am regretting it. Next spring, I will be buying a real catback, plus it will be quiet.

Nothing good comes from loud exhaust. You get more attention from ricers, theives, and cops. Even more annoying is long trips on the highway. Loud constant drown makes you sleepy. One time on the highway, no one was around, thank God, I was driving with my dad, he was sleeping, playing some, kinda non intergetic music, + the loud exhaust was not a good combination. I was in the slow lane going 70 (quieter, plus easier on gas) on a 3 lane highway. A dozed off for just a second or two, woke up in the fast lane. It scared the shit out of me thinking what if a semi was next to me, or what if I went to the right? Next exit, I pulled over, downed a shitload of coffee, and then drove home.

try looking at the apex n1 cat back exhaust they are not loud at all you can probably find one on ebay for a good price just moke sure it is apex and not some cheap look alike.

Back