new gtr info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I think there is a 50/50 chance this actually hits stateside. I hate to be a pesimist but we get the shaft with all the supercars. they will put an NA 6 cylinder or something lame in it if we even do get it here.

no, it's coming. an na v6 is already in the g35/350z.

looking to be a VQ32DETT.

If it wasn't going to retail for 80k, i might just buy one. but thats just well out of my league.

maybe i'll buy a g35 coupe, and do a swap :p lol

Quoted post[/post]]
no, it's coming. an na v6 is already in the g35/350z.

looking to be a VQ32DETT.

If it wasn't going to retail for 80k, i might just buy one. but thats just well out of my league.

maybe i'll buy a g35 coupe, and do a swap :p lol

just swap the tranny out of the g35 and leave it RWD. put a twin turbo kit on it and call it good. then you can have a VQ35DETT. extra displacement, better gearing and a cool car. they usually swap out the VQ35 for an RB26 anyways.

Quoted post[/post]]
umm thats the Infiniti G35 which is already here....

http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,cid-127...d-52054,00.html

"The car in the photos is obviously made up from Infiniti G35 coupe sheetmetal, substantially modified to fit the huge tires, and with a big front airdam. This is a test mule, though, as indicated by the poor fit of the rear bumper to the taillights. The final design will be much more like the Nissan GT-R Proto concept car that has recently been show at auto shows."

click the second link for the proto concept photos.

1042big.jpg

1005big.jpg

too much money.

although they cant price it low because of the 350 and the g35. And out of that class, id rather wait for the xga, but the new infiniti coupe looks sick...

oh yeah, its ugly.

the g35 is 35k.

there is no need to bump this one to 80.

45-50, it would be a direct comeptition for the m3, but at 80, its no m5.

Quoted post[/post]]
the g35 is 35k.

there is no need to bump this one to 80.

45-50, it would be a direct comeptition for the m3, but at 80, its no m5.
lets be honest here.

Its going to weigh 3600-3800 lbs. maybe put 370hp on the ground...... if thats true..... itll be so far behind everything else.

the Z06 will out handle it and flat out kill it in straight line
the m3 will still RAPE it in the corners and be about even in straight line
the m5....... nuff said
Porsche...... it MIGHT be even with the Caymen, but forget about the 911

you can buy a brand new m3 for 50k..... a z06 for 60k.... a g35 around me brand new topped out cost 28k...... the exige, 50k--not really a daily car, but still........

ugh..... I can see it being MAX offered for 50k..... past that it gets completely owned in every area....

and once again Nissan fucks themselves into a bankruptcy

people are getting way ahead themselves. they will do a lot of price testing and surveying. i think they will realize how high this is and that it's outclassed by other cars. i think i would actually rather spend $50k on an R34.

i see a 60k figure. a NEW g35 coupe will cost you about 40k (with reasonable options). zo6's go for around 70k, m3.. 55k, cayman s go for 65k, and i think the cayman will probably be its closest competitor, like ninja said. id still take the cayman tho hehe

as for the 911 comparison... i dunno, the 911 carrera s gets beaten by a c6 zo6 all day long, plus the carrera s JUST squeeks by the V8 Vantage which isnt THAT impressive...

im thinking the 80k rumor was before anyone else reallllly knew what engine they were putting in.

it says 450 hp, but they have a history of underrating there hp's.
im sure there will be more then 370 whp, just a guess though.

and the z06 isnt really a fair comparison imo. it outperforms cars three times its price.

Quoted post[/post]]
it says 450 hp, but they have a history of underrating there hp's.
im sure there will be more then 370 whp, just a guess though.

and the z06 isnt really a fair comparison imo. it outperforms cars three times its price.
Which should be MORE reason to bring down their price on this thing.

Quoted post[/post]]^ I dunno, top gear hated it. It also got beat by a viper on their episode :shrug2:
That was a stock C6 AND.... they hate everything american... no matter what.

Sorry kids but in my mind

here in the states it really only has two competitors..... the Z06 and the M3.... it needs to beat both in price, function, AND form to win.

I would drive to the Nissan dealer and ask them why I should buy a Skyline over a ZO6 and laugh as they try to use sales pitches that don't work.

Back