New guy needs a little help b18b into 94 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

backyardswapper

Ok did the whole swapl Everything is in. I'm getting fuel and air but no spark. Engine fired a few days ago where we picked it up with all the components I currently have. All fuses are good. Even ecu fuse. Tried 2 different ecu's still same result. Has all obd-1 sensors on the engine. Any help would be mucho appreciated.

ok now i'm getting spark but still the car won't start. It tries to turn over but it just won't. getting closer but still no dice.

I had starting problems and it turned out to be a wiring problem. I'd check to see that everything is wired correctly.

Quoted post[/post]]
I had starting problems and it turned out to be a wiring problem. I'd check to see that everything is wired correctly.
everything just plugs straight in doesn't it? i did no wiring except plugging the corresponding plugs into eachother. maybe you're onto something though. any ideas where to look?

ok now i just tried something. With no ecu even plugged in, i get the exact same sounds for the engine trying to start. 2 different ecus or no ecu either way it gives the same sounds
help please :mrgreen:

bro this is something no one can answer unless they are there on top of the car..... if you look in gen tech forum youll see at least 10 topics on the same thing.....mine included...i have a spark problem also...?????...i wanna die

Quoted post[/post]]
bro this is something no one can answer unless they are there on top of the car..... if you look in gen tech forum youll see at least 10 topics on the same thing.....mine included...i have a spark problem also...?????...i wanna die
thanks man. i'm getting spark and everything now. now i just don't have power going to the ecu for some reason? no matter if i have an ecu plugged in or not, it does the same thing. I'll search the board some more. any other help is appreciated.

ok i'll look for help again. I'm still having a problem with this thing. It's gettings spark, i've laid out all 4 plugs and attached them to the plug wires and watched them all fire. It's getting fuel. The plugs get covered in fuel after a couple of starts. It's building compression. But the thing just will not start to save it's life. Checked codes and I'm getting a code 10 is all. But that shouldn't keep the car from starting i wouldn't think. It won't even run on starter fluid. So i'm thinking either cam timing or distributor timing. I've searched and searched and fine different plug orders. Currently i have it
2-4
1-3
if look directly at the distributor cap from the passenger side. Any help is much appricated. This thing is driving me nuts.

make sure you are wired like this:

enginespark.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
ok i'll look for help again. I'm still having a problem with this thing. It's gettings spark, i've laid out all 4 plugs and attached them to the plug wires and watched them all fire. It's getting fuel. The plugs get covered in fuel after a couple of starts. It's building compression. But the thing just will not start to save it's life. Checked codes and I'm getting a code 10 is all. But that shouldn't keep the car from starting i wouldn't think. It won't even run on starter fluid. So i'm thinking either cam timing or distributor timing. I've searched and searched and fine different plug orders. Currently i have it
2-4
1-3
if look directly at the distributor cap from the passenger side. Any help is much appricated. This thing is driving me nuts.

It should be like that pic reikoshea posted....
That might be the problem....

3-4
1-2

Back