new guy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jay420

Whats up everyone. I am going to be buying a 99' prelude SH in a few months and want to modify it to make around 350-400 HP. Unfortunutly all of my aftermarket experience is with V8 muscle cars. I have pretty much zero knowledge of hondas. So im trying to do as much research and get as much advice as possible before beggining this project. What i would like to know is what motor would be best to achieve my goal, obviously its going to have a power adder whether it be a turbo or supercharger i havnt decided yet. So any info on what parts to use like what motor, and what internals and where to get them would be much appreciated. Just to let you know i will be doing all the work my self and my budget is pretty high. Thanks everyone, and like i said im completely new to the four cylinder world so any and all advice would be awsome. Thanks

Whats up everyone. I am going to be buying a 99' prelude SH in a few months and want to modify it to make around 350-400 HP. Unfortunutly all of my aftermarket experience is with V8 muscle cars. I have pretty much zero knowledge of hondas. So im trying to do as much research and get as much advice as possible before beggining this project. What i would like to know is what motor would be best to achieve my goal, obviously its going to have a power adder whether it be a turbo or supercharger i havnt decided yet. So any info on what parts to use like what motor, and what internals and where to get them would be much appreciated. Just to let you know i will be doing all the work my self and my budget is pretty high. Thanks everyone, and like i said im completely new to the four cylinder world so any and all advice would be awsome. Thanks

There's no better motor for a Prelude then the one that comes stock in it. Just keep the H22 and build it up. The only other engines that I would even consider would be a K24 or a V6 of some kind, and I don't think the cost is justified seeing as the H22 is perfectly capable...

no i have not driven a 400hp car. But im not new to high performance cars. I've driven 6-700hp mustangs and camaro's. Im going to set my HP goal a little lower because i do want to drive it on the street so I'm going to aim for more around 325-350hp. Can anyone give me an idea on what kinda overall price im going to be looking at in terms of parts and machining?

any advice on what brand parts to use? and whether or not i should have the block bored and sleeved?

H22 needs to be sleaved if u ever want to turbo it... would get darton Sleaves what I went with... um for an N/A motor there are all sorts of parts u could get... I would always get NEW when working around a motor as u have no idea what the parts went threw before... but ya Turbo'd motor go sleaved anything elts u should be alright :)

yea i plan on doing a turbo so i will have it sleeved. And yea ill be buying all new parts like i said before im not new to building engines, just new to hondas, most my experience is with pushrod v8's. I guess the advice im lookin for is what brands make the best parts and if theres any comin problems people run into when building these motors

Well some good brand names for Cams are ... Jun , Skunk and Brain Crower.... Pistons JE pistons or wesco... along with Scatt rods .... just some places to start... Darton sleaves are also good in these blocks... built a turbo H22a1 over last year

Back