New H22A/Accord Exhaust

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tab

Super Moderator
My New Header

And My New Catback

I'm going all stainless. Performance for the buck, I think I did alright. Everything listed to my door for just under $375. I make several short trips a day, which adds to a bad rust problem in my exhaust. Stainless is just what the doctor ordered. My header needed replacing, and my muffler was shot, so this was long overdue.

I'll probably clean up the port areas, then TIG weld up the outside of the flanges as needed to keep the strength.

I'm happy :p

Some of you ask which header will fit the H22. This is what happens when you use the lower half from a 97 up prelude. This right here is why I try to talk all of you into using the 92-96 style in your swap.

Picture of my flattened lower section. IMG tag not accepted for some reason.

hey nice header it appears to tbe the exact same one that i have actually....and on that note if it is you will not have to clean up the port areas it is already done for u the header i had was unbeleivable quality for the price also my car is lowered and my header now looks like your stock lower manifold so dont think that its only because of using certain peices that that happens but good deal mang :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

when I did my swap (I have a 93 Accord EX Coupe) I used a 5th gen prelude header/downpipe and the down pipe was virtually identical to my stock downpipe...

weird.. <_<

Yeah, I've been restricted more and more as the bumps take their toll. I think I can feel power output lowering.

I will be very careful not to put in junk. I won't have a problem unloading either item if I feel the quality is not up to par.

when I did my swap (I have a 93 Accord EX Coupe) I used a 5th gen prelude header/downpipe and the down pipe was virtually identical to my stock downpipe...

My situation could very well be associated to the "hybrid" exhaust that I made work. 4th Gen header and 5th gen downpipe. I literally fought the downpipe to make it bolt to the back of my block. I had to fabricate my own mount for it too, in order to gain clearance to the rear. Your EX would have a similar design dual downpipe. IE, 4-2-1, not 4-1. LX and DX got the shitty one. You probably had an F22A6 or F22A4.

I can't wait. Any suggestions on a replacement cat for my 224k model. I don't want to cut it out. I'd rather replace it with a functional larger model.

Mmmmmm, stainless.

yah ex's have the f22a6. So I already had 'headers' on the ol' F series.

Let us know how much of an improvment you get from the new exhaust.. I'm begining to think I should up my exhaust size a little..

I picked out another muffler. Way less ricey. I'll install it this coming weekend.

Vibrant Performance Muffler

EDIT:
My muffler arrived today, so I finished the install of my catback and header. It took longer than I expected, but mostly because I wanted everything to be perfect. I used stainless wire to weld, cleaned up several ports to remove burrs and such, and smoothed out the catalytic converter input and output.

The Vibrant muffler was larger than I thought, but exactly what I wanted to begin with. It's almost as quiet as stock! I love sleepers.

Results: From 3K to redline improvement across the board. Now the wierd part. I could turn 8k before, without hitting the rev limiter. After the complete exhaust swap, my engine revs quicker and bounces off of the 7600 cutout like a monkey with hemorrhoids. Soooooo, I'm happy, and now have a new shifting point. I wasn't making much power over 7k before, so that's where I shifted. Now I could shift a little higher and still expect really good power.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: cool mang! snap some pics and post em up...also what size pipe did u use? and i will almost gurantee you that that muffler will get louder as time goes by/it breaks itself in but cool none theless

EDIT* im running almost the same exact setup as you but with a slightly different muffler and my piping is 2.5" al the way to the rear section then it goes to 2" until the muffler...i did this to get a deep tone but still get (hopefuly) the right amount of back pressure in order not to lose power. It def made for a very nice sound as well something ive never heard a honda sound like :D

looks good...it appears as though you used 2.5" pipe from what i can see. Also maybe its just be but looks like maybe the muffler could go up some to hide it a lil but but still looks as thougbh it came out nice overall....oh ya and holy fuckin reese hitch batman!

Originally posted by driver1@Feb 28 2004, 10:52 PM
looks good...it appears as though you used 2.5" pipe from what i can see. Also maybe its just be but looks like maybe the muffler could go up some to hide it a lil but but still looks as thougbh it came out nice overall....oh ya and holy fuckin reese hitch batman!

:lol:

Yes. The header to the cat is stainless. Also, I used full mandrel bent 2.5" polished stainless piping from the cat back. Due to the size of the muffler, and the shape of the catback(pre-shaped), it was necessary to mount it that way.

The U-Haul (probably Reese) hitch came with the car. It's actually fairly sturdy, and comes in handy once in a while. Not really worth it to remove the hitch and fill the holes IMO. I have a quad and a trailer, and sometimes it's cool to ride in style.

Oh, also, backpressure does not help. Keeping the pipe the same size is your best bet. Exhaust velocity is the most important thing. Your cat will add 1-2 psi of backpressure already, if you disagree.

Read This.

Back