New Headlights JDM Style y0

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Had a free day today so I thought I'd get to my JDM style headlight project.

First, I had to pull the bumper to remove the headlight assemblies.

jdmheadlights2.jpg

After about 5 minutes in the oven, I had the headlight apart. Then I had to sand all the chrome off and mask the turn signal area. This took the longest by far out of the whole project.

Here's the headlight sanded:

jdmheadlights14.jpg

The paint has to be high temp. I picked bbq flat black paint at walmart for $4.

jdmheadlights12.jpg

Make sure to pull your headlights before putting the headlight in the oven! Here's my 100w ricer headlights =)

jdmheadlights19.jpg

Also, aim and mark your headlights before install so you can realign them. It's best to pull further back, but I couldn't see anything at 1oclock from more than 10ft away

jdmheadlights1.jpg

Finished product:

jdmheadlights15.jpg

And on the car:

jdmheadlights29.jpg

Much better than spending $100+ for JDM knockoffs. :)

Most people on here know I feel about sanding/painting/DIY jobs, but that looks very good! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by micah@Jul 1 2004, 10:07 PM
i wanna do that on my black del sol!

I was actually talking with him about the sol lights. Too bad our are shitty 2 piece, even if we did that, it would still looked fucked up, like all USDM corners/headlights do. Just get the one pieces :)

DIY hotness strikes again!!!! Looks good mang.

Good job man... very clean.

Edit: didn't you have rims on that thing at one point already??? or was I imagining things...

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 2 2004, 03:27 AM
Good job man... very clean.

Edit: didn't you have rims on that thing at one point already??? or was I imagining things...

i did as of last week. they were cheap 21lb 17"s lol. now i have ordered 16lb 17" wheels. they'll be here middle of next week.

img-837-small.jpg

they will match good =) i just would like to tint my taillights now.
and my red h emblems are going today. too much contrast with the blue license plate and blue (hyperwhite i guess) corners. but i'm thinking of swapping those out for the sylvania bulbs that looked almost mirror/rainbow and light up amber.

Originally posted by Havok+Jul 1 2004, 11:52 PM-->
@Jul 1 2004, 10:07 PM

I was actually talking with him about the sol lights. Too bad our are shitty 2 piece, even if we did that, it would still looked fucked up, like all USDM corners/headlights do. Just get the one pieces :)

one pieces are what 500 bucks? :(

Originally posted by micah+Jul 2 2004, 10:35 PM-->
Originally posted by Havok@Jul 1 2004, 11:52 PM
micah
@Jul 1 2004, 10:07 PM

one pieces are what 500 bucks? :(

the one he linked me said $600 :eek:

Back