New Here also need advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Civic ZC

hey there i got a 1990 civic DX with ZC swap SOHC can you guys give me some of the stuff i can do to gain HP like parts from diffrent hondas/tegs i can add.

Turbo, supercharger, nitrous, all motor... it's really too broad of a question. Hit me up on AIM (House of Boost) if you want to get into the nitty gritty.

With the D series (your motor is a JDM d16 basically) you can't go swapping around pistons and intake manifolds and cams from other D series motors and see big gains in power because quite frankly most of them suck. The dohc pistons from the ZC motor will raise your compression to 12.6:1. The y8 manifold is the best. The z6 head is rumored to flow the best. as for stock cams, I guess the Y8 is the best, but for $600 you can get the crower cam, valve springs and retainers. Throw in a $100 set of Dohc ZC pistons and you'll be like :driver:

i know its nothing special dont have to get pissy just trying to make it better since im stuck with it for now

its not the 130 hp version, thats the DOHC ZC, the SOHC ZC is like a d16a6 with a little better head and valvetrain.

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Aug 21 2003, 07:50 AM
its not the 130 hp version, thats the DOHC ZC, the SOHC ZC is like a d16a6 with a little better head and valvetrain.

thanx but what do i say when i wanna grab a stock part like valve cover cuz they asked me what engine is it i said ZC i dotn know the year....he said to go to performance shop

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 20 2003, 05:54 PM
With the D series (your motor is a JDM d16 basically) you can't go swapping around pistons and intake manifolds and cams from other D series motors and see big gains in power because quite frankly most of them suck. The dohc pistons from the ZC motor will raise your compression to 12.6:1.

Wrong. Maybe 10.7:1, not 12.6:1. Wrong head.

so if im getting a head gasket should i say its for d16a6

yeah I guess so if it's a single cam. I guess i just found out they Honda made a SOHC ZC. where the fuck did you get that motor from anyway?

the previous owner did the swap before he sold it to me its not that bad 20HP diffrence between the Dohc ZC.

guys what kind of headgasket should i get i have no idea does the d16a6 fit?

Back