new here looks pretty good for some info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phillet

hey my name is phil just registered and just saying hi. umm something about me im going to be doing an h22 swap just doing all research on it

phillet said:
Oh sorry into an si 1992 right hand drive

bah, put an sir motor into it. do a whole jdm conversion. maybe turbo it. i have an rhd 240sx. it's about to be full drift in about a month. :thumbsup:

reckedracing said:
no sir
H22 = torque sucker

i would take a turbo b16 over an h22 any day of the week. especially if i'm the one working on it.

OBD0 B16 changeover from hmotors is 1500 and the motor is older than christ and beat

H22 changeover is 2200 OBD1

i would take a turbo H22 over a turbo B16 anyday

reckedracing said:
OBD0 B16 changeover from hmotors is 1500 and the motor is older than christ and beat

H22 changeover is 2200 OBD1

i would take a turbo H22 over a turbo B16 anyday

after mounts, axles, and all that it comes out to a lot more than just $2200 though. you can get the B16 into your car for $2000 after you buy all those parts. plus with the b16 you can keep your factory options like ac and power steering. after you put the h22 together and installed you are getting near the $3500-$4000 range. you can get a good b-series turbo for another $2000 and be at the same price range with a much better setup. but thats' just me.

have you ever driven a B16 equipped civic?
sure they're cool as long as you're over 5.5K
installation of the H22 should be the same price except for the mounts(500) and the shifter cables ($175 tops)...

and you can boost the H22 for the same price as boosting a B16
boosted B16 = 225 - 250 range?
boosted H22 = 300+ range?

whatever floats your boat, but i wouldn't knock him for choosing the H22

oh no, i'm not knocking him. I love h22 eg's. i was just thinking of sticking with the jdm theme since it is rhd and all. my old coupe had a b16. needed way more tq. like from a turbo kit.

don't forget about axles for the h22. i just think turbo b16=$4000, turbo h22-$6000. those are just rough estimates though and could probably done for way cheaper.

but like i said. good luck on the build, we're here to help.

hey thanks im going to just import a car from japan (sir) then im importing the h22a from japan also and stick it in the car and do light mods to like cams, vavles, retainers, valve springs, and some other stuff then im going to get a cheap h22a from the junk yard and take it all apart acid bath it. then bore the cyclinder walls put turbo pistons in it and turbo the shit out of it that will be like another 8 grand probably 10grand to compleatly build the motor it will be killer

lol dude just buy an sti or an evo or something. its easier, faster, more reliable, and will cost about the same.

oh, and you can still go through drive throughs.

Back