new here. Need some advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

creeper

Whats up everyone? As you can tell I'm new here, but I got a few questions. I got a 95 accord ex it has the stock f22b1 in it, but I want to put a h22a engine in it. I was wondering how well will the engine fit in my car? How much hp and torque will I gain? Will I have to replace the current clutch I have in the car or will it fit the new tranny too? I got a quote from a mechanic and he said he'll do the whole swap with everything for 3500$ you think thats a good deal? Also I want to sell the current engine I have how much do you think I could get for it? It has a dc sport header, tenzo intake, and nology wires. Also does anyone know of any good import shops in southern california. (Los Angeles to be exact) Thanks in advance.

well the engine will fit fine in your cat you just need a driver side prelude motor mount to bolt it up and you will have to grind the new mount a little to get it to fit in the accord (chassis) mount youll have to wire a knock sensor and the intake air bypass soenoid.
your f22 is 145hp and a jdm h22 if that is what your planning on getting is 200 hp so 55 hp is your gain but i beleive the tq is not much different. I all f series and h sereis tranny parts are interchangeable but i would stringly suggest changing the clutch to an h22 clutch to help handle the additional power of the h22. as far as price goes if that 3500 is without the engine itself its outrageous if it is with the engine its alright i suppose still kinda high unless hes a serious honda specialtly mech. otherwise if u have a place and the tools do it yourself its a really good learning experience. and plus you have all us here at hs to giuse you through and answer ques. ;)

I have a racing clutch on it. Thats why I don't want to have to change it. I don't want to do it myself, I can barely do a tune up. lol. I went to paint my valve cover and when I put it back on I tightened a bolt to tight and it snapped off inside the engine. 3500 $ is for the ecu, wiring, engine and all that other good stuff to make it work. One more thing what year of a prelude should I tell them to put in? Thanks

your car is obd1 so your going to want a corresponding obd1 motor 92-95 and if your mechanical ability is that bad than i suppose you should pay someone to do it right. Just make sure this guy knows what he is doing before you just go and let him do this swap. In the world of honda hybrids this is a relatively easy swap yes, but to someone who has never had any experience with such a thing it could prove to be difficult. just ask him some questions about the information i have given you and see if he has any conception of what i am talking about and whether he believes it will have to be done or not. As far as price goes thats feezable if he provides everything needed.

also your clutch will work yes and not to dissapoint you but your f22 is prob only gonna bring 500 dollars as a complete unit (motot tranny ecu and all that) you can get more if you part it out

Back