new info on the idling prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jewls

hey, still wondering about that idling problem, but now it is being crazy. last nite when i drove it home from school, it ran fine. idled nicely, but still started surging when i first started up. as i got going down the road though, idle dropped, car sounded awsome. i started paying attention to every little thing. noticed that when i pushed the brake pedal, the idle came up. if i pushed it in and out a few times fairly quick, the idle would start surging. would it make any sense if i checked out the brake booster? is it possible that it maybe has a leak in it or something? i just want to get your opinions so that i don't waste my time tracking a new one down, putting it in, and not seeing any difference. my brakes have felt ok, they are not the greatest, pedal sinks a bit, but nothing major. if someone knows wether or not this makes any sense, pls message me. i am pretty much willing to try anything to get that car back to the running state that it should be. thanks for all your help guyz and galz. ;)

sounnds like an electrical problem, is your battery in good condition, how about your alternater... I only say this because of when you press the brake you loose power.

that is normal man, when you push the brakes down, it drains power off of the engine to increase the pressure in the brake lines. Especially honda motors which have nearly no power at idle. If you sit at idle with your foot on the clutch, and push the brake in and out, the idle should fluctuate a bit.

It sounds like eveything is fine.

Back