New J.o.b.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

well neways i was hired at Bestbuy to install radios,subs,speakers etc...

on my appilication i applied for sales and put entertainment installation(cars/trucks) as a skill of mine...well they called me and said my application was accepted but will be working in the audio installation dept. for cars...

truth is, i only kno the real simple basics... is there a web-site that has a quick how-to on the matter? any help will be appreciated, i start Sunday :(

Originally posted by Blanco@Apr 23 2004, 06:26 PM
It's not really that hard. Go to some installation shops and talk to the guys there. Are you doing it for store displays or customer cars?

customer cars...

i can install radios n shyt.....but i have a feeling first day some football player is going to come in and want me to install like 20 subs, amps and tv's. along with a fuckin sat. radio and alarm system :blink:

from what i know of radio installs is:

1) don't fuck up, or it could be bad
2) it's not TOO hard, as long as you're good with wires
3) make sure you use the right adapter thing

hahaha. so, i don't know much. however, i do have a friend who did this kind of thing... he worked for a radio place in mountain view. if you want, i might be able to get the number of the place and you can ask them some stuff. :)

What happened to the gas station? They never hired you back on? :lol:

j/k man. Good that you know how to install sterio's because thats something you can always fall back on. You can accually make a good living doing that.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Apr 23 2004, 06:37 PM
What happened to the gas station? They never hired you back on? :lol:

j/k man. Good that you know how to install sterio's because thats something you can always fall back on. You can accually make a good living doing that.

o0o god the gas station..ahhhh *MEMORIES*

Just take your time taking off trim panels and invest in one of those single LED "pen lights" they help a lot

alarms can be a bitch unless you really know what you are doing.

you kinda sound like me, when i was younger. i bullshitted right and left on my resume when i was 18, and got some pretty damn good jobs out of it :p

why dont you ask them if you get a training session?

i think best buy sends all of it's techs to some sort of training class. otherwise liability could incur on their part.

:werd: rockford fosgates website has some wiring tips, where you enter the number of subs, style of amp etc and it tells you how to wire and what resistance load you'll end up with- i dunno what else to tell ya though except good luck?

Hopefully you'll get a training session. Most likely you'll be working with a few others in your area. Just think carefully before cutting into any car panels. Respect the customers' cars at all times and treat them like your own. NEVER be afraid to ask for help. Just say that you want to double-check thework order or something. Act both thoroughly and responsibly and you should do just fine.

:werd:
You did not claim to be an expert. Tell the people around you when you need advice or help. You'll learn quickly. Hey, it's a job until you get fired, right? Give it a try, and worry less about failure. We all fuck up, just try not to fuck up big. :p

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Apr 23 2004, 06:58 PM
i think best buy sends all of it's techs to some sort of training class. otherwise liability could incur on their part.

wait just a minute...that rings a bell...i do remeber them mentioning something like that...i hope thats the case

if you aren't sure, ask. that's all there is too it

I wouldn't worry too much about it, from what I've seen large stores like that generally don't have the cream of the crop working there anyway. And most people that are going to Best Buy for a stereo will just want it in and working. Most people that want crazy installs go to places that do crazy installs.

:woot: just got home from first day...its was a breeze...after about couple hours of basic training and certain aspects about the joint...i installed speakers and pretty nice kenwood radio...however... some guy bought and had me install this he wanted to be able to see his speedo and tach on it which took me a minut to figure out.

2 grand

christ.

map quest = free
state atlas at a gas station = 5.99

getting there just as fast for the price of a ham burger, priceless

its easy positive to positive negative to negative.... unless you want to series the subs then you take the first two voice coils (assuming they are 4 OHM) take negative to the positive side of the voice coil on the same sub, repeat on the other... now you take the two positives and negatives that are still open and put them into the designated areas on the amp IE if it is a 2 channel amp, put it to where it will bridge them together... now the OHM load is nice and you have more power... but hey,, thats easy right?

Back