New member need help!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondanutt

So i just picked up a 1997 honda accord with the 1.8l has a t25 turbo with a 5spd manual. Im having a problem with the air/fuel meter being pegged on rich. Car is burning alot of fuel. I went to do emissions and obd2 came up dead wouldnt register so i contacted the seller and he said the computer was 'flashed' to obd1. I went ahead and just registered the car where they dont have any emissions so problemed solved there but my car is just wasting fuel. My question is where do i start? Do i need a tuner or how does this all work? He said he can give me a number to the guy who tuned it for him but need to figure it out on my own so i know what im working with figured this is a great forum to join. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Oh and forgot to mention car has bigger injectors and my idle just goes crazy very inconsistant was looking at aem engine management products but very spendy and not familiar with them.

Wow sounds like you have a hell of a problem car on your hands. Why exactly did you buy it? At this point your best bet is going to be to try and find a really good tuner in your area and have him sort out your issues. Even if you buy the top of the line tuning equipment you're still gonna need someone reputable to get it sorted out. So at this point your best bet is going to be to get someone else to mess with it.

For the future though, NEVER buy someone elses fixer. Especially if they same it only needs a few things. If it did, they'd do it themselves and probably keep the car.

Well i could put it back to stock really easy and i have only had it 2 days and people are already trying to buy the turbo off of it but thats not why i bought it. I wanted a gas getter so first thing that came to mind is a low mileage honda. So after driving a few and finding this one it actually came alive with the turbo so i bought it. The only bad things was emissions which wasnt a big deal. And the fuel issue cause you can just smell the fuel. The car runs and drives awesome just not getting good fuel mileage (which is why i bought it) After some research im figuring out there are no tuners where im from so the closest reputable tuner is 400 miles away so might be a road trip. But i figure if i can get a few bugs worked out i will have a awesome tuner. Im the 3rd owner with 120k so i thought it was a good deal.

At this point I doubt its even getting 25mpg from what you've described. I dunno, I'm just not into buying someone elses mess, who knows how many things are jerry rigged on it. Do what you have to do though. How much did you spend on the car?

Well my daily driver since i sold my diesel is a 383 suburban so anything was better than that so im doing ok. But i know exactly what your getting at i wasnt exactly sure what i was getting into i like to build them myself just so i know exactly what is done. I paid 4200 for it and everything is clean very clean install everything still looks stock nothing jerry rigged just need to fix this issue ill post what i find out the next couple days and some pictures. But in the meantime other input and info would be greatly appreciated. I have a hard time driving anything stock :D

Uh, 1.8 liter in an Accord? How about some pics of that engine?

Back