New Si Will Be Turbo Charged ?!?!?!?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ummmmmmm....

Integra Type R's were brought to America under the Acura name from 1996-2001.

Welcome to planet Earth.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 18 2003, 05:51 PM

Ummmmmmm....

Integra Type R's were brought to America under the Acura name from 1994-2001.

Welcome to planet Earth.

there wernt type R's in 94 or 95, they started importing them in 96-2001

Oh and 02si, they were LHD

Ack, that's what I get when I'm doing research for 94-97 Accords while trying to figure out them dang B-series. :D Thanks for the whack on the head. Edited.

honda never made a production car with a turbo. They are, however, the authority on twin-turbocharged V-6s, which were in their formula-1 racecars in the late 80s.

Originally posted by LingeringSoul@Feb 18 2003, 04:18 PM
honda never made a production car with a turbo. They are, however, the authority on twin-turbocharged V-6s, which were in their formula-1 racecars in the late 80s.

Nah, that's wrong, they made something called the Honda City. This was discussed somewhere before.

Check out this thread:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/Racecraft/Hon...ity_turbos.html

They also make mention of a turboed 2.5L Legend, musta also been J-spec.

Originally posted by 02SI@Feb 18 2003, 11:48 PM
Now if Type R is all in the right places on the car and the steering whell is on the right, there is a pretty damn good possibility that the car is a type R,

We have type R's here (Germany) also,Accords,Civics,NSX and tegs,all real,all LHD.So it doesn't matter if the steering wheel is on the left or the right

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 18 2003, 05:51 PM

Ummmmmmm....

Welcome to planet Earth.

it was 97-01 btw :p

i guess u could say that they were selling the 97 model in 96 tho.... maybe.

What I meant by the steering wheel being on the other side is that America, as far as I know, is the only country to have the steering wheel on the left hand side. Since America never had any Type R production cars over here then in order for it to be a real type R, not stickers, the steering wheel would be on the left.

Originally posted by 98integrals+Feb 18 2003, 07:44 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Feb 18 2003, 05:51 PM

Ummmmmmm....

Welcome to planet Earth.

it was 97-01 btw :p

i guess u could say that they were selling the 97 model in 96 tho.... maybe.

It was 96-up.. 96 came with 4 lug and also in the 4 dr model in Japan.

Turbo honda cars = Legend had one awhile back in Japan and that Honda City or whatever it is.

stop saying that they never had LHD typeR's, They import about 5000 to the us all in LHD. True they are not Honda TypeR, they are acura but acura is only a North American thing because here, honda has the hondas as there lentry class cars and acura as there luxuray brand, this makes it so that they can charge more per car. Look at the civic EX vs. the canadian acura EL, they are bacicly the same car just with diffrent body modeling but the EL is priced alot higher then its US conterpart.

Here are a few ITR's,
Type R, pheniox yellow one EBAY

Here is another
Some one pick this up for the swap, rear ended Type R 6k

i think the ITR was only in the us 97, 99 and 00 . . . but not sure. .. and anyway it is a real type R just like E sol si's delsol is gonna be :p

Turbo, Dunk and HONDA!

" Life " and " life ƒ_ƒ“ƒN " minor model change (2002.8.22)
HONDA intimately popular lightly car life and the running and the spirit œ› style where the turbo engine is strong part improves the car life ƒ_ƒ“ƒN lightly with good quality of style and the using selfishness which is the straw raincoat from this day sells from the ƒzƒ“ƒ_ƒvƒŠƒ‚ store of entire country.

:blink: :wtf:

edit: my bad, it didn't post the pic.

I read about the Turbo Si's in a Japanese magazine, My dad just got back from there and brought me some stuff, the magaizne for some reason had some things translated into english and according to it Honda made engines for some of the new Izuzu's but they are still labeled as Izuzu engine's so in exchange Izuzu is making honda a turbocharged engine for the SI, or helping Honda make one, the way it was translated made it hard to understand but it is supposedly only going to be availble in Europe, but also maybe honda is doing there own thing with the US SI's and turbocharging it, that would be good but they need to make it look less like a minivan, no offense to anyone with a new SI, I like them too but they are just not the same as the older SI's.

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Feb 19 2003, 05:49 PM
....and anyway it is a real type R just like E sol si's delsol is gonna be :p

:werd:
hehehe

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Feb 22 2003, 10:44 PM
right hand drive is gay

right hand drive is perfectly fine

if you live in a country where they drive on the left side of the road
or you deliver mail
aside from that its fucking ghey.... about as cool as 22's on a civic....
"y0 dAtZ maDDD JDM DawG!!!" :ghey: there is no point to it
just because they do it in japan does not make it cool....
anyone seen some of the show cars over there??? :puke:

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Feb 19 2003, 05:49 PM
i think the ITR was only in the us 97, 99 and 00 . . . but not sure. .. and anyway it is a real type R just like E sol si's delsol is gonna be :p

the real years are 97,98,00, and 01

Back