new to cali, not sure what i can do to my car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchbros 93

Alright, i got a 95 4 door w/ b18b short ram and stock exhaust. Its pretty ghetto rigged right now. It has no 02 sensor, but its been chipped to run without one, i guess, by the way its obd 2 motor, i think my cars obd1? Does my car stand a chance passing smog? if not what all needs to be done. I dont like my ecu, no point in 7500rpm on a stock LS. Ide be willing to go hondata or maybe aem since ide like to boost at some point. Maybe someone can explain how you run a turbo in this state? Ive heard cops were trained in this state to listen for cams, or turbo, ext. How often do you have to smog? A ton of Q's i know but im hoping everybody could answer one or two. need help in Eureka,

not much hope for mods. Unless you plan on using it as a track car.

you can get away with motor swaps as long as you take it the the BAR Referee and have them inspect and approve it.. doesnt matter if its a JDM motor as long as you use the USDM emissions equipment and USDM ecu.. you'll need to run carb legal mofications which limit to what you can use.. Injen or AEM for intakes basically and Greddy or DC for header.. then there is the Skunk 2 intake manifold thats carb legal also.. but i suggest if doing these mods to a motor swap , do them after taking the car to the Referee

You're in Eureka, do you even have smog up there? I know some counties in CA don't require smog at all.

theres tons of smog check places, i assume its an issue up here. Im kinda bummed, the LS def isnt cutting it. Maybe gsr, or k20.

California is SO ridiculous. Motorcycles won't pass emissions there.

MOTORCYCLES. Talk about punishing the wrong people. Asshole state.

California is SO ridiculous. Motorcycles won't pass emissions there.

MOTORCYCLES. Talk about punishing the wrong people. Asshole state.

Can you give me specific examples? Are these stock Harleys? If so, end of argument.

As for the OP - There's plenty you can do, if you know how to go about it. Don't listen to the East Coast ppl, they hate us because we can live here. :) Anything with a CARB sticker on it is fine, but cops may still hassle you. Best advice - don't buy loud/rediculous exhaust unless you have a hot set of boobs. If you need more info on BAR, let me know, I've been through it.

Also, you don't get 'RE-BAR'd' you merely only have a smog check like you used to. BAR is once until you change something else, then you're supposed to go back. Of course, there's no one who checks to make sure, so be prepared if you DO get pulled over. This is why all my aftermarket parts are listed on my BAR sticker so cops can suck me sideways, but I've not had problems with them.

Basically, do it right, or show good intention if you happen to get busted. Also, don't be a moron and act like a douche... or drive like one. Most cops aren't that bad. Or maybe it's because I'm a girl. I dunno.

Back