New to Datalogging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have the laptop, I have the ECU, I have the engine. Beyond that, I am completely lost.

Where do I find instructions to make the cable between the laptop and the ECU? Serial cable, right?

What program do I use for the actual logging, and where can I find it?

Quoted post[/post]]
datalogging is supposrted by hondata s200, crome pro, etc etc... basically, its within the tuning software itself.

the cable is quite easy to make, but you also need to have the port soldered into your board.

have a look here:
http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=rs232

I offer this service. I have some ECUS one hand or can chip yours for a few bucks less. Whats its gonna boil down to in the end is you needing a chiped ECU inorder to do this.

Quoted post[/post]]
datalogging is supposrted by hondata s200, crome pro, etc etc... basically, its within the tuning software itself.

the cable is quite easy to make, but you also need to have the port soldered into your board.

have a look here:
http://www.xenocron.com/products.php?page=rs232

:worthy: *link saved*

I was JUST coming in to ask this, as my laptop is due for arrival anyday.

So... an over-simplified version of the instructions would be something like this: chip the ECU, make the cable, download software, plug in and go?

Not to mention that you have to hook up a wideband to make the tuning any good. Make sure to put one in your budget. I recommend the Innovate LM-1 or the LC-1 if you are just going to pipe the voltage into your ecu. I've heard of a lot of people going that method on the pgmfi board.

you will also need a ROMulator or chip burner so that the changes you make can be used. i usually use my ostrich while tuning then burn the chip when i am done with everything. the LC1 wideband is a pretty good choice if you ahve a laptop that you are datalogging to. there no reason to pay for the display when you don't need it.

you don't need a romulator or chip burner to data log.

datalogging is not necessarily re-tuning. you can data log a trip on the high way to see what kind of rpm you held most the way, or what mpg you got... its NOT just a tuning tool...
it simply replays back what you recorded.

Quoted post[/post]]
Not to mention that you have to hook up a wideband to make the tuning any good. Make sure to put one in your budget. I recommend the Innovate LM-1 or the LC-1 if you are just going to pipe the voltage into your ecu. I've heard of a lot of people going that method on the pgmfi board.

Quoted post[/post]]
you will also need a ROMulator or chip burner so that the changes you make can be used. i usually use my ostrich while tuning then burn the chip when i am done with everything. the LC1 wideband is a pretty good choice if you ahve a laptop that you are datalogging to. there no reason to pay for the display when you don't need it.

this was my whole reason for comin here today. where can i find more info on this cuz im just getting reasdy to buy all my stuff. and thats what i want to do if i have a laptop and a program can i just grab the lc1 cheap and just hook it to the laptop

does the ostrich come with a serial connection to your laptop or to your USB port. i need to know before i order my stuff in cause i need the ostrich to be one of the two and the other to be the wideband.

Quoted post[/post]]
does the ostrich come with a serial connection to your laptop or to your USB port. i need to know before i order my stuff in cause i need the ostrich to be one of the two and the other to be the wideband.

Ostrich is usb. You don't have to plug your wideband into your pc, at least I don't. I just pipe the analog wideband signal into the O2 pin on my ecu from the wideband controller, and then the datalogging will log the voltage from the wideband that way. My datalogging port is an rs232 (serial), but most people use the usb/nokia cable method.

Back