1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to ECU's

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by PolkMomoInMYSi, Jul 6, 2005.

1. PolkMomoInMYSi

PolkMomoInMYSi Member

So I read through all these forums trying to soak up all I can about these engines but the electronics parts really get me. When you guys talk about your ECU's throwing codes is it showing up on the dash somewhere or do you need a special thing to be able to check? As a matter of fact I don't even know where my ECU is yet on my GSR.

2. n1mr0d

n1mr0d Senior Member

It is located behind the carpet in the passenger kick panel.

When we say throwing codes we mean that the engine reports an error to the ECU (the computer) that translates that into a code for us to retreive and desphifer easier then another method.

Using a tool to pull the code (either a snap on scanner or a paper clip) will show on the dash display or the scanner that is used.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

I dont know where there service connector is on an integra, but a chiltons or any good tech book can tell you where it is. You short the connector (connect 2 pins usually with a paper clip or short wire). Once connected turn your engine to accessory mode (II) and your CEL will blink. Long blinks represent numbers in the 10 position and shorts represent numbers in the 1 position.

E.G. 2 long blinks and 1 short blink means code 21 VTEC Solenoid.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

helminc.com

get the service manual.

5. PolkMomoInMYSi

PolkMomoInMYSi Member

Alright thanks guys that helps alot

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted