New to Honda so this is probably dumb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Horseman

Hey a friend of mine just bought a 2000 Civic with an H22A swap out of a 97 Prelude. It's still got the stock shifter and he's looking to buy a short throw. But he's being told that he may need one out of a prelude by some people and just to get a civic one by others and honestly i'm not a honda guy so i have no idea lol. just wondering if anyone could give us some help, thanks.

thanks again for the quick replies and yeah he's pretty pumped about it he's been lookin for one for awhile now and is absolutly in love with the car lol. but just one more quick question, i did a quick search (admitally on eBay lol) but there seems to be too different options for a prelude short throw, an adapter and an actual shift lever. what would be the better to get? and what exactly would the adapter do? i thought maybe it allows you to use civic style shift lever with prelude linkages? ...but i'm probably wrong lol these are noob questions i know but like i said before i know nothing of hondas really and honestly my friend knows less lol. so any info, advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot. :D

my bad the link i thought was a shift lever was just using a pic of a honda shift lever and it said it too was an adapter in the fine print, great now i look like a even bigger noob... :imfucktard: lol

Back