1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Honda's...need Some Info

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by sirsmashalot, Mar 26, 2003.

1. sirsmashalot

sirsmashalot Junior Member

ok, been dealin with v-dubs since before i got my liscence.....just picked up a 88 civic, and am looking to dropa motor. not big on wireing but i've done swaps in volkwagens before...i've heard that a j-spec motor will drop right in pretty easy. What's a j-spec motor?
    basically, i'm not lookin for a 11 sec car just some thing that could keep up with my gti. keep in mind i know little about honda's so before listing b16,b18....what do these motors come out of???how much do they run? looking for something pretty cheap.
    thanks...

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Check out the reference section and articles section,there is a lot of good info on swapping and engine specs to get a good idea of what you want and where to start.As long as you stay within you OBD (OBD 0 in your case) you will only incounter minor wiring,depending on the motor you choose.Swaps in Hondas generally can start around $800 and end up at $5000 depending on what motor into what chassis.The swaps for your generation are pretty cheap.BTW J-spec is Japanese spec.And you want to look at 88-91 siR crx/civic for a good motor.

3. sirsmashalot

sirsmashalot Junior Member

4. HOOKUPSPROCRX

HOOKUPSPROCRX Member

b16 swap complete including labor 2100.00 lifetime laboe warranty lifetime warranty on mounts and linkage.

5. Civic_88ls

Civic_88ls Senior Member

b16 is ok in that car, but the ls pulls harder and is just as easy as b16. as long as u have a si engine harness or get the hasport conversion harness do go from dx/std to si harness. check out http://tech.hybridgarage.com/ . the have quite a bit of info..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted