New to swapping and excitied to start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fezz89

OK, so I found what I believe to be a screaming hot deal on a Type-R (2500$) that comes with motor, tranny, intake mani, header, alternator,starter, fuel rail, plugs and all required sensors(pretty much everything but the ECU, axles, shift linkage,and wiring harness). I own a 1993 Del Sol Si (D16Z6 5spd) and i want more power :). Anyways my question is what else do I need and is there anything else I should know about doing this swap? Is there a step by step guide somewhere? Oh and what axles, ECU and wiring harness do I need, to get this pup runnin? Like I said I'm new here and I would really appreciate some help :) thanks ahead of time.

Just curious, but what did the seller claim it had for miles on it?

If you're looking for aftermarket axles look for some raxles (I think you can use axles out of an Integra, but don't quote me on it), rhywire makes harnesses for your application. As for ECU, you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgeable to chime in.

110k its currently in a 98 Civic coupe so I cant really tell, but it seems to be in great shape, and I rode in the car and compared to my car, the thing flies. Oh and the VTEC hit like a brick to the face (which I love). I have always been interested in getting a swap just not able to afford it, but now I have a job, and this is like my dream engine.

Back