new to turb0's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PHOBIA

i just purchased a rebuilt turbonetics t3 turbo,johnny race car intercooler and greddy type s bov+ a generic log style manifold.after i get my down pipe made and the intercooler piping made what next.i know i need injectors and some kind of fmu.i am on a tight budget and need to get this rolling.should i just get a vafc controller and use that as a fmu? this is going into my b16 powerd 91 hb.can u guys give me some good examples of what u are using and whats affective but wont crap out on me.i only plan on running 7 lbs at first.but im kinda lost from this point.i havent bought a wastgate yet but i figure a tial knock off is just as agood as the real thing.i hear they are almost exact.also what year eclipse cam with the 500 cc injectors"the blue tops" and what do i need to make them work.thanks,pat

What you should really do is convert to OBD1 and then run Uberdata. It would be cheap and far more realiable than other fuel systems.

homemadeturbo.com has info on the injectors

and make sure your generic log manifold will accept an external wastegate before you buy one...

and you didn;t mention oil lines, or possible coolant lines if its water cooled

and the better the fuel managment the better the tuning = safer boost and more reliable horsepower

read the pinned article- very complete bosot article.

oh sorry i left somethings out. the turbo is oil only.i have the oil lines next to me.yes the manifold is set up for an external wastegate.uberdata is share ware right u can just down load it? .but again the problem with that is i dont have a lap top and i dont know any one who does. i will check out the verry complete turbo artical,thanks

Back