New Tranny/ maybe motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

imegforfun

well i have a 97 acura el i believe thats the same as a civic but with different trim correct me if im wrong. it has a d16 the stock one i presume and the tranny grinds in 2nd and 3rd when acclerating. I would like to know if there is anything i can do other then just get new tranny. if not what motor should i do. I know theres the budget so i wont make people ask for it im thinking under 2500. would like to do suspension aswell. i have new tires and can get a free CAI.

What would be a good idea there wont be a turbo or anything going on for a few years so thats not a concern want it to be a little zippy but not to bad on gas.

Does your current motor have VTEC? If so, then that's the best D-series motor you're going to get. If not, you could just look into a VTEC head rather then an entire engine swap. For the tranny, it would be cheaper to just find a used one then have the current one rebuilt...

yes the current engine is vtec
my engines fairly high km so if i have to change the tranny i think i should do the engine at the same time.
would d15b vtec for 1500 with 60kms installed be good deal then??

yes the current engine is vtec
my engines fairly high km so if i have to change the tranny i think i should do the engine at the same time.
would d15b vtec for 1500 with 60kms installed be good deal then??

I'd say so, yeah...

Back