1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Tranny/ maybe motor

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by imegforfun, Jun 13, 2008.

1. imegforfun

imegforfun New Member

well i have a 97 acura el i believe thats the same as a civic but with different trim correct me if im wrong. it has a d16 the stock one i presume and the tranny grinds in 2nd and 3rd when acclerating. I would like to know if there is anything i can do other then just get new tranny. if not what motor should i do. I know theres the budget so i wont make people ask for it im thinking under 2500. would like to do suspension aswell. i have new tires and can get a free CAI.

What would be a good idea there wont be a turbo or anything going on for a few years so thats not a concern want it to be a little zippy but not to bad on gas.

2. imegforfun

imegforfun New Member

oh and a shop in town said that they could do a 96 -00 d15b for 1500 installed good deal or not?

3. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Does your current motor have VTEC? If so, then that's the best D-series motor you're going to get. If not, you could just look into a VTEC head rather then an entire engine swap. For the tranny, it would be cheaper to just find a used one then have the current one rebuilt...

4. imegforfun

imegforfun New Member

yes the current engine is vtec
    my engines fairly high km so if i have to change the tranny i think i should do the engine at the same time.
    would d15b vtec for 1500 with 60kms installed be good deal then??

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I'd say so, yeah...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted