new tunes needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
hey all, i need some new tunes to listen to. preferably metal and some rap. what do y'all recomend?

Aesop Rock, Deltron 3030, Dialated Peoples, Talib Kweli, Blackalicious for rap.

I love Dream Theater, though not really "metal". I know some people don't share my enthusiasm for them, but their musicianship is incredible.

Not really hardish, but if you like bluesy-type rock, pick up the new Shinedown album ASAP. Very good. Ditto for the new Disturbed CD. Harder? The new Madball CD seems to be pretty decent, as is the newest release from Shadows Fall.

Dream Theatre comes highly recommended. I have like 4 albums and I love each one. My personal favorite is 'Change of Seasons' - features a mammoth 21-min medly which is kickass. Some covers in that album, but everything is good. Octavarium is another great CD by them.

Quoted post[/post]]
Not really hardish, but if you like bluesy-type rock, pick up the new Shinedown album ASAP. Very good. Ditto for the new Disturbed CD. Harder? The new Madball CD seems to be pretty decent, as is the newest release from Shadows Fall.

Dream Theatre comes highly recommended. I have like 4 albums and I love each one. My personal favorite is 'Change of Seasons' - features a mammoth 21-min medly which is kickass. Some covers in that album, but everything is good. Octavarium is another great CD by them.

I have all 10 of their releases and both of the Liquid Tension Experiment (instrumental project) cd's. I swear, I fucking love this band. Mike Portnoy is my fucking hero. IMO, one of the best drummers in history. Octavarium is a sick ass cd, hands down. The last song, Octavarium, is 24 minutes long.

dream theatre would be so much better if they lost that Dio-vibrato wanna be as their singer.

"........... run to the hills..........."

3-6 mafias new cd is there best by far

just listening to thrice's new one atm. its not bad, kinda mellow for my tastes

50 cent, snoopy d-o-doubl-jizzo, *Missy Elliot*.. Eminem on occation..
Thats the new stuff I listen to.

But I'm old-school on the rock I guess.. Metallica, Type o Negative, etc.... Most of the newer stuff has lost "that" sound.

Anything by Nevermore.

The entirety of the guitar work on Dead Heart in a Dead World was done on a 7-string. <-- factoid

wow! a 7 string?!?! holy crap!

only like every metal band since korn came out has been using them... and before korn, vai had one in the 80's....

Quoted post[/post]]

definately an AAF listener :thumbsup:

factoid: battle pope needs a better job. he isn't paid nearly enough for the amount of shit he has to deal with.

Check out the band I was just on tour with doing their front of house sound here is their website
www.butanemusic.com

As for rap there really hasn't been anything great as of late.
Oh maybe check out the new Deftones B-Sides and Rarities I really like it.

Back