New Way Of Internet Access Coming Soon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have cable and it sucks compared to DSL but I dont think I would get that, it just seems to... i dunno ghetto. u go plug into an outlet... I dunno, but at least its offering choices for people with dial-up.

sweet! . . . i gotta let my dad know, he is the budget controller of yankee gas (northeast utilities) . . . maybe i clould get a broadband hookup in the future :D

Cable sucks compared to DSL? DSL is 1 constant (or very little variation) is speed. Cable flucuates very often, very much. 1 minute, i'm dloading at 250-260KB and then next its 30-40, from the same server. (no, they aren't out of bandwidth, they have enough to run this, honda-tech and HAG successfully).

DSL has some slow upload, ask B, when he was updating the board, I was talkn to him and he said it was slow uploading. I upload at around half a meg or more.

But paying 61.95 a month f-ing kills me.

Ya cable has the potential to be faster than DSL, but with all the users on the server..... that pretty much kills that idea. But my freind jon lives near SMSU campus and all the people in that area just use the DSL provided by the on campus server deal. So basically it is just him and like 5 other people on their own cable server... we were d/l one day at his house and his speed was avg. around 700kbps, but often jumped to 1.3 MBPS! it was sweet, and he only pays 30 bucks a month, I pay 50... oh well. but DSL is sweet cause your the only person on your own server.. so thats why its is usually faster.

Back