newb info on tuning

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbodeigo

so im looking at this integra and considering making a deal, but i need a little info first.

the owner tells me the car will stall or sputter sometimes, so he took it to his mechanic, and the mechanic said he thinks it needs a tune/its running too rich.

its basically a stock B18C1 with exhaust, intake, ITR pistons and cams.

would i need to re-tune with such mild mods?

or is there maybe more to it than that?

if the car has a stock, unmodified p72 ecu, then yes, it should be tuned to account for higher cr and the different cams.

if the parts you put into a motor affect how it uses air, fuel, or fire, you should tune it. once the dynamics of the original motor have changed, it may not affect it 'too much' but with pistons and cams, I'd suggest a tune. If you're going to add more things to this car (while not driving it) then, I'd wait until you're done with the build. Tuning is always a good idea. :)

There's prolly a dozen basemaps for this setup, you're lucky :) http://pgmfi.org. Get a chip burner kit and burn one of the maps thats most similar to your setup. I can do it for you for a few bucks if you already have a socketted ecu and no chip burning supplies.

If you want to DIY frequently: Crome, TurboEdit, Uberdata --- DIY Honda ECU tuning and chipping resources, products write-ups and links. Widebands, Fuel Pumps, Intercoolers, ECU Chipping, Wideband Tuning & more
Get yourself a burner, some chips or even an ostrich :)

Once again, pgmfi.org has been down for some time now... and I suggest studying Crome/TurboEdit/Uberdata or whichever management you choose. It's not like you can just plug it in and expect to know what you're doing. Unless you have a backup/spare motor to throw in when you accidentally blow the one you're using up, that is.

Back