newb with question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostbyu

well i swapped in a new rebuilt b18b a month ago.i only drive the car onthe weekends.well last night went to drive it an it started fine but idled at around 200.very low.well i went to move the car to the shop an when i would go to take off it would try to cut off.it felt like it has no power at all.the car only has 50 miles on it now.an i havent went past 4500 in the last 10 miles.before that it never went over 4000.so can someone give me a idea of what i could be dealing with?thanks for any help.

chuck

Is the check engine light on?? If it is pull the code and fix whatever problem it is. If there is no check engine light, make sure your ignition timing is good.

That sounds like the exact problem I am having with my lsvtec I just put in, it is brand new and lots invested in it. did you do any upgrades, pistons, cams, ect. cause I am getting told it is in the tuning and that I need to keep it parked until I get it retuned on a dyno or another round of wideband. just my $.02. let me know if you figure anything out.

someone had the same problem and it was the fuel pump it would idle low then cut off when stumped on the gas!!!!

mess w/ your ecu lately? new injectors? mine are stickin. when the car hasnt warmed up yet, and i'm maintaining speed at around 3000 rpm, it'll lose power and start like, sputtering. i think it's only 1 injector cuz it's minor, but once you hit the gas some more, it smooths right back out. idk if that helps any.

Back